CHRYSLER GRAND VOYAGER CLIMATE CONTROL HEATING

Adapted Vehicles.

VEHICLE MENU: www.wheelchairdriver.com/accessible-vehicles.htm

CHRYSLER GRAND VOYAGER CLIMATE CONTROL HEATING

Postby phatboyroy » 14 Jan 2010, 20:40

I’ve recently bought a 2004 2.8 lx auto diesel grand voyager, (that’s my old one – burgundy one- in the for sale section). See below.
It’s fitted with climate control, (not the one I have for sale) and I don’t know if I have a problem or not but the supplemental heater stays on for an inordinate amount of time. Additionally it never blows warm air, merely tepid no matter how hot I set it, even max 82degs. Obviously, it’s more apparent this weather, and I’ve even taken to covering the rad with tin foil, (no I’ve not covered the gearbox cooler)The eng temp gauge is showing normal, (¼ to ½ way) but the supplemental is still on and the air is barely warm. Reducing the temp to very cool, eg 72 switches it off earlier but then the air is quite cool. Not what I want in this climate. I want big heat, then drop the temp, but the heater stays on for over an hour. It’s supposed to switch off after 5 mins when it has reached the desired temp, (which it never does), this seams a vague promise at best. Consequently the fuel consumption is around 22mpg. This is a shock when Burgundy Bus 2.5 manual lx used to give me 35mpg easily.
In mitigation, this is my first ‘climate control’ but I can’t believe this is normal. The Burgundy Bus, (did I mention it's for sale?) has a supplemental heater, and that worked as you would expect. Wang it up to hot and the heater would get you nice and warm, then reduce the temp, and it would switch off after the prescribed 5 mins or so. i'm beginning to think I shouldn't sell it.
All I see is Gordon Brown’s smiling face patting his wallet. Can anybody help?
At the risk of swaying anybody with an answer I'm thinking 'bleeding of the coolant syatem', maybe I have an air lock; is there a bleed valve; is it easy to do?

JUST IN CASE YOU WANT TO LOOK AT MY LOVELY Burgundy Bus, it's for sale y'know.
viewforum.php?f=1 ;)

regards

Roy
phatboyroy

Return to Adapted Cars Vans MPV's