Need helps for adapted Fiat Doblo

Adapted Vehicles.

VEHICLE MENU: www.wheelchairdriver.com/accessible-vehicles.htm

Re: Need helps for adapted Fiat Doblo

Postby Burgerman » 08 Feb 2016, 11:27

So I am surprised that BM was scared when driving up a Doblo taxi :lol: Maybe because its ramp is too short?

Because my chair is very rear weight biased. So its tippy and steers well. If you chair is front heavy it will go up OK. Did you try pulling it backwards on the remp to see how much effort it would take to tip it backwards? You may be shocked how close to tipping it is!

Otherwise looks good and very cheap cost.

And this looks steeper too:
Image ??
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby LROBBINS » 08 Feb 2016, 13:25

On raised-roof Doblos here they usually put some windows in the sides of the roof so it doesn't feel quite so claustrophobic. Ciao, Lenny
LROBBINS

Postby snaker » 09 Feb 2016, 08:00

The Doblo floor has a rubber mat which makes driving the powerchair inside the car very difficult. If I try to drive reversely I will cause accident to someone :x
snaker

Postby Burgerman » 09 Feb 2016, 09:33

Difficult how?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby snaker » 09 Feb 2016, 10:02

Burgerman wrote:Difficult how?

The wheels are nearly stuck on the floor, I cannot turn the powerchair left or right. Driving it reversely is even more difficult.

I rarely drive the powerchair reversely even in flat and smooth ground. I only do that in large and empty spaces, so I will not hit anybody :D
snaker

Postby Burgerman » 09 Feb 2016, 13:47

Right.
So it lacks torque and is too nose heavy. And probably needs some reprogramming.

If I turn left or right on ANY floor it turn exactly the same as if its on a smooth pavement.

You need your chair drastically improving. Quite easy to do. Big low impedance batteries, properly programmed controller with correctly set motor compensation. Because you should not be able to tell easily what the front wheels are on or which way they are pointing. The chair should just go where its told, when its told in linear fashion. And possibly thicker battery cables and a controller with enough Amps... Also small batteries wont work well as they suffer voltage drop under load reducing torque.

http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/gopro/puncture.mp4 steers fine turning on the spot, reversing, on carpet, grass, whatever. I cant tell its got a flat tyre. Because its programmed correctly, has rearward CG position, and big powerful controller/batteries. Tyre was flat for about 10 days... Too busy to fix it! A rubber mat wouldnt and shouldnt make any difference. If I put it against a wall and try to turn the drive tyres screech and leave marks and smoke...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby snaker » 10 Feb 2016, 03:50

My powerchair controller is only 50A and it comes from unreliable sources. I doubt that it supplies enough 50A.

I thought reprogramming might give it some improvement but not much with its current weak controller and motors. I would try it sometime in future when my business is ... 'recruited'. Now, I have no income to invest for the hobby stuff.
snaker

Postby Burgerman » 10 Feb 2016, 09:50

50 amp on a light chair should be enough to make it turn well enough that a rubber mat is not a problem. Motor compensation, and low speed turn acc/dec as well as turn acc/dec is the programming issue. And the fact that you can drive up that ramp shows that its way too heavy on the front for proper control. We KNOW its got enough power since it drives up the ramp. Compromises...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby snaker » 23 Feb 2016, 02:13

Updated:

We removed the 2 middle seats and pushed the wheelchair close to the front row. Seating on powerchair is much improved -> more stable, more balance, more confortable. The 'pope-like' feeling now just lasts a bit. The last problem is that I cannot look over the car windows. Maybe a new powerchair with the reclining feature would resolve it.

My dad took a picture below. I am curious if Westerners know what they are and what they serve for?
snaker

Postby Burgerman » 23 Feb 2016, 02:39

No idea!

Drums?
Catching some sea creature?
Small boats?
Large cooking pots for cooking tourists?
Red or black... Some kind of floating markers for warning?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby snaker » 23 Feb 2016, 08:32

Burgerman got 2.5/5 :lol:

They are Thuyền thúng in Vietnamese. Are they called "basket boat" in English? They are very popular in Vietnam and serve for fishing (mostly fish and cuttle) near shores. In my region, local people service cuttle fishing for tourists in these boats in summer nights. I think they 'cook' or 'cheat' tourists because it's hard to catch a cuttle by that way. So 'cooking tourists' is right, 'cooking pots' is wrong :lol:

These boats are made by bamboo and need painted to against sea water. The colors red, black, grey etc are just for decoration or owning signs. It's like cowboys in Texas affix marks on their cows.

snaker

Postby Irving » 25 Feb 2016, 21:21

like a Welsh coracle
C5/6 A (complete)
Puma 40, 75Ah LiFePO4 (pic is on tour @ Whistler, BC)
Puma 40 backup, 73Ah MK (for now)
Spectra Plus (weedy 40Ah MK)
Irving

Postby snaker » 26 Feb 2016, 08:56

'Thuyền thúng' in Vietnam is exactly 'Coracle' in Wales. Maybe there are only some difference in usage. In Wales, they were used for fishing in rivers and today they are rare, just serve for the tourist. in Vietnam they are used for fishing in the sea and still very popular until today.
snaker

Postby Burgerman » 26 Feb 2016, 09:07

You should start a new movement. Show them the way.

http://media.channelblade.com/boat_grap ... 944489.jpg

Skiing! :D
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby snaker » 26 Feb 2016, 09:40

If fitting motors, the boats will spin around like this :lol:
https://youtu.be/FuKVLbY5B_g
snaker

Previous

Return to Adapted Cars Vans MPV's