Don't Do This with an F55 ! It's Expensive

Adapted Vehicles.

VEHICLE MENU: www.wheelchairdriver.com/accessible-vehicles.htm

Don't Do This with an F55 ! It's Expensive

Postby Mark » 06 Apr 2016, 17:04

Just made a silly mistake getting out of my DFW vehicle. As I backed out the F55's silly plastic T-bar that releases the armrest caught in the driver's side seatbelt and I didn't notice until the F55 slowed and slewed slightly. When I released the belt I had almost put a hole in it and it was stretched and weakened so badly that it is going to have to be replaced asap.

I rang the Fiat Dealer to ask the price of the driver's seat belt - just the bit that hangs on the side and you pull across, not including the bit that bolts to the floor in the middle. Price = £183.22 plus fitting.

A very expensive lesson. I'm now about to remove those sticking out T-bars and find some other release mechanism. I've been in and out of the car probably a thousand times in the past few years without this problem, but I can't afford to make this mistake twice.

I only share this report of my carelessness in the hope it saves someone else from making the same mistake. Normally I try to keep my stupid mistakes quiet.
Mark

Re: Don't Do This with an F55 ! It's Expensive

Postby Burgerman » 06 Apr 2016, 17:56

I used to cut the T part off. Havent bothered lately.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Adapted Cars Vans MPV's