Fitting Push button start and off

Adapted Vehicles.

VEHICLE MENU: www.wheelchairdriver.com/accessible-vehicles.htm

Fitting Push button start and off

Postby Foz » 28 Jan 2010, 14:33

Hi
I am wondering how much it would cost to fit this feature on my new car? it is in an attempt to save cash after a quote from hand control people! Is it complex or should any auto leccy be able to fit it?
Foz

Re: Fitting Push button start and off

Postby Burgerman » 28 Jan 2010, 21:02

Not sure what you mean?

You mean push buttons to start the engine, and to switch on ignition? Thats dead easy. I could do that depending on vehicle (and imobiliser etc) But what about the steering lock? Actually on a chrysler there are a few complications. I have a "remote start" kit for my chrysler that I never bothered fitting. Just push a button on the key fob from in the house or presumably also the drivers seat.

That would be even easier, and no drilling holes in the dash etc! I still have it here. Also for sale! Brand new still boxed for 3 years! Still needs an auto electrician though if your not "handy" at these things. And some are a bit safety nazi and wint fit them as they think they are dangerous. They are not since they are wired to only start the car in "park"...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Foz » 30 Jan 2010, 12:41

yes push button to start the vehicle. its a 57 voyager tractor, so i dont know if remote start would work? i have been quoted 2k to supplyand fit one....they cant be that expensive. have u any links to any sites with them?
Foz

Postby Burgerman » 30 Jan 2010, 15:29

Ni. But the main dealer will have a factory fit kit for about 150 uk pounds... I got mine from a US chrysler dealer. Its designed for a newer model (mines 2007) van so no idea if it works with yours. About 50 to fit it I was told. Takes an hour or so. Requires some soldering and fits behind the dash where your legs go. Then its all on the key fob! Just two buttons. Start, stop!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Adapted Cars Vans MPV's