Has anyone in the U.S. here been through license process?

Adapted Vehicles.

VEHICLE MENU: www.wheelchairdriver.com/accessible-vehicles.htm

Re: Has anyone in the U.S. here been through license process

Postby Dblshotz » 15 Oct 2016, 20:56

Burgerman wrote:You guys are all crazy. I became paraplegic after accident. All kinds off added issues.
I made one call to the licensing center, told them who I was. Told them my situation. They asked me one question:

Q. Are you able to drive safely?
A. Yes. With adapted vehicle/hand controls etc.

Reply: We made a note on your record. Thank you. Goodbye.

You Brits are the ones who are crazy! A quick phone call and simple exchange of information and thats the end of it? What kind of sorcery is this? Time and money must be wasted before anything can be resolved. A simple phone call? Preposterous! :lol:
Dblshotz

Postby rustyjames » 15 Oct 2016, 23:49

Dblshotz wrote:
Burgerman wrote:Sounds like a real efficient and simple system you guys got going over there! :mrgreen:

If you ask me there are dozens of people, officialdom, buildings, regulations, and systems that are all there to waste as much time and money as possible.

Its the American way :lol:

The unqualified, leading the unwilling, to do the unnecessary :lol:
rustyjames

Postby Dblshotz » 16 Oct 2016, 06:47

rustyjames wrote:
Dblshotz wrote:
Burgerman wrote:Sounds like a real efficient and simple system you guys got going over there! :mrgreen:

If you ask me there are dozens of people, officialdom, buildings, regulations, and systems that are all there to waste as much time and money as possible.

Its the American way :lol:

The unqualified, leading the unwilling, to do the unnecessary :lol:

:lol:

Getting a good laugh out of this thread. Sometimes you just got to laugh at all the unnecessary bs we have to deal with. Unless your a brit. Any chance i can become a Brit? ARe you guys accepting applications or will just a simple phone call be suffice?
Dblshotz

Postby Burgerman » 16 Oct 2016, 08:34

Until we get out of the stupid EU in about 2 years anyone can come in and get benefits, health, free house, etc. As long as you tell them you are a muslim come to take over.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Dblshotz » 17 Oct 2016, 05:11

Burgerman wrote:Until we get out of the stupid EU in about 2 years anyone can come in and get benefits, health, free house, etc. As long as you tell them you are a muslim come to take over.

Oh man thats right. You guys are flooded with muslims. I think ill stay here in the states where i can own as many guns as i see fit to protect myself from Muslims,feminists and clowns.
Dblshotz

Postby Burgerman » 17 Oct 2016, 08:17

Yep especially clowns. Theres a lot of them in the US. Some even run for president!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Dblshotz » 22 Oct 2016, 01:54

Update!

So i go to my doctors office again and all is confirmed. The papers are not signed because of what that idiot bitch wrote down. I will be proceeding with my legal options on Monday morning. What a complete waste of my time.
Dblshotz

Postby Dblshotz » 25 Oct 2016, 21:18

So i talked to a lawyer today and explained the situation. Basically he said if i can prove (i can) that i did well on the assessment and that she wrote some misleading and/or false information that i should go to her superior with my complaint. Outside of that he doesnt feel there much i could do and that i should go somewhere else and get another assessment. In other words "theres no money to be made so figure out your damn self".

Ive already looked into going for another assessment but the prices are high and the locations are far from where i live. This situation is looking worse by the moment. I thought id be driving by the end of the year but it appears that i might not be on the road at all. Im going to go to her superior and see where that gets me. I found out today she is Director of the mobility center department where i went so im going to have to go pretty high up to get heard and i doubt theyre going ot throw her under the bus to help me out. :x
Dblshotz

Postby rustyjames » 25 Oct 2016, 21:49

Shame that you have to go through all this BS, as if being physically isn't enough. Hopefully, you'll get it resolved, and get back in the drivers seat.
rustyjames

Postby Dblshotz » 26 Oct 2016, 00:48

rustyjames wrote:Shame that you have to go through all this BS, as if being physically isn't enough. Hopefully, you'll get it resolved, and get back in the drivers seat.

Yeah. Its an absolute disgrace. Not surprising though seeing as outside of good parking the disabled in this country are treated like 5th class citizens never mind 2nd.
Dblshotz

Postby Dblshotz » 21 Nov 2016, 06:59

Well a month has past since my last post and nothing has changed. I actually talked to a supervisor whom i explained the situation too and she said she would look into it and resolve the situation. She was very pleasant and accomodating. She asked me what could resolve the situation and i told her that all i ask is that the sentence in the report that says i can not operate a motor vehicle safely should be removed. One sentence. So she said she would talk to the bitch and resolve the issue. So after about 3 days i called her up and she said she had set up a meeting with the bitch to resolve the issue for the following week.

So i get no call the following week so basically two weeks later she calls me up and says the issue has been resolved and that i can come down to pick up the report. So i get there and the report is waiting for me at the front desk. I stay there and read it over and wouldnt you know it the sentence is still there!!!! I almost thought it was a fucking joke or i was accidentally reading the last report. So i immediately ask to see her and she comes out to meet me and i ask to speak to her in her office. After about 5 seconds i realized that this woman is an absolutely spineless brown nosing yes woman who obviously got bullied by her own subordinate!!!! she was back tracking on stuff she agreed with me over the phone and started to defend the bitches position. I then took the papers and threw them on her desk and told her to keep them because they will change nothing and that she basically wasted my time. Enough of my time has been wasted.

Ive been going online recently to try to find someone local who has dealt with Easter SEals and did i not only find someone but i found someone who actually dealt with the bitch im dealing with and wouldnt you know it she also had issues and did not find the bitch very knowledgeable on the whole process and it all took much longer than it should have. She got no explanation and ultimately she had 2 years of her life wasted on waiting. There is absolutely no fucking way im dealing with this shit for two years! im at my wits end and i dont want to lose patience and do anything drastic as i know that will get me nowhere. But at this point im going through a really tough patch in my life and i dont need this shit right now. Im thinking about talking to another lawyer to see what my options are or im going to have to convince my doctor to sign the papers which is a long long shot. I have reached my boiling point with this situation.
Dblshotz

Postby Heygnow » 21 Nov 2016, 14:29

Sorry this did not work out for you.

I think a lawyer might be in order or at least P&A Protection and Advocacy in your area.

You need backup in order to empower the Lawyer to get you driving.

Is there a highschool driving program or a private driving school instructor that will take you out and give you some backup documentation to win your battle.

I have used https://www.legalshield.com/ for the purposes of sending corrospondence. It can rattle the recipients cage.

There are other driving programs also in CT

Best of luck
Attachments
drs.jpg
Heygnow

Postby rustyjames » 21 Nov 2016, 14:49

Have you tried looking for any state agency that might be able to look into this? You never know, there might be someone with their feet up on their desk (with cobwebs) looking for something to do. I'd start with an agency such as Health and Human Services.
rustyjames

Postby Dblshotz » 24 Nov 2016, 08:20

UPDATE!

So after leaving the office that day without the papers i pretty much gave up on the situation. I then decided that im no quitter and if i had to result to less than legal means i might as well as i may have nothing to lose. So i call the brown noser up and tell her id like to come in and pick up the papers. I was planning on "editing" them myself and passing them to my Doctor. So she tells me she was going to call me anyway. She said that she felt really bad and that she felt she let me down as i had a legit grievance. :o She then explained to me that the bitch is the only person in the state doing driving evals with wheelchair bound drivers so her hands were a bit tied. She said she decided to fax the new report to my doctor with a note to contact her. She spoke with my doctor and the conversation was productive as my doctor SIGNED THE FORMS!!! :D :D :D

She also sent copies to my BRS counsler whom i had a meeting today about how i go about getting them to pay for the vehicle conversion!!! Ill first have to go through an employment program and theyre going to send me back to easter seals for an actual on road assessment which costs $600 and they will pay for :D I am well on my way not and absolutely floating on air right now. I feel like the ball is back in my court and im in control of my own life again. Sure this is going to take several month for me to actually sit in my vehicle but the wait will be worth it. I already have in mind the vehicle i want which will be a Honda Oddessy EX- l which is sweeet!!! Already have a good amount saved up and there is a program that gives low interest loans to disabled people so theyll cover whatever i cant. Good times my friends. Thank you all for the support and fantastic suggestions. I am beyond thrilled right now.

PS. when all is said and done and i have my vehicle in hand im going to call the bitch and let her know my true feelings. The cherry on top :twisted:
Dblshotz

Postby Burgerman » 24 Nov 2016, 12:53

Sue for time wasted. And stress.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rustyjames » 24 Nov 2016, 19:31

That is good news, Double, good to hear it finally worked out for you. I wonder how many other people had to go through the same pain because of her.
rustyjames

Postby Dblshotz » 26 Nov 2016, 05:33

Burgerman wrote:Sue for time wasted. And stress.

Id like to but here in `murica if it isnt big money lawyers arent interested.
Dblshotz

Postby Dblshotz » 26 Nov 2016, 05:36

rustyjames wrote:That is good news, Double, good to hear it finally worked out for you. I wonder how many other people had to go through the same pain because of her.

Thanks. Im very relieved that its all finally moving forward. Hopefully ill be on the road by summer. I actually got in contact with someone who dealt with the bitch and they had a similar experience.
Dblshotz

Postby Heygnow » 26 Nov 2016, 21:52

Great news!!

Honda Odyssey rocks, we have a 2013 VMI, had a Braun before that.
Heygnow

Postby Dblshotz » 29 Nov 2016, 03:39

Heygnow wrote:Great news!!

Honda Odyssey rocks, we have a 2013 VMI, had a Braun before that.

Thanks. Still a long road ahead but Im very excited.
Dblshotz

Postby Dblshotz » 23 Dec 2016, 09:12

UPDATE
Happy holidays to all here and your families. Hope all is well.
As for me things although moving along slowly are nevertheless moving forward. I have to do a 25hour work eval and once i complete that i will be meeting with my BRS worker and the job coordinator who will decide whether im working man material and if so they will start the process of getting the driver training. Its pretty much a waiting game now as i have to wait to get a call for a job opening which i hope is soon as ive heard this can take weeks or even months. I really hope to be on the road befor next winter as i dont think i can take another winter of scooting around in this damn cold for another year :lol:
Dblshotz

Postby Heygnow » 28 Dec 2016, 22:50

Congrats!!!

Be patient and look forward to the new model year that will be available.
Heygnow

Postby Dblshotz » 13 Apr 2017, 23:19

Update:

Well working with the Bureau of Rehab i was told i had to complete 25 hours of a work evaluation before theyd be willing to pay for any van modifications i might need. All i had to do was work for 8 days, 3 hours each at a library and based on my performance theyd determine whether or not im even capable of holding a job. Well i finished the eval and in a word it was a DISASTER!!! Now before i get into what happened let me set it up by giving you an idea of my history so you have a better perspective on the shit storm i unbelievably found myself in.

Im 41, dont smoke, drink or do drugs. I eat pretty healthy and am in decent shape and reletively good health. I see a doctor every 2 years and health wise im good to go. Im rarely ever sick and getting admitted to the hospital is rare as its only happened a couple times for minor things over the last 25 years after being in and out due to my condition as a kid.

So on March 6th i had a meeting with the BRS worker and she told me they werent having any luck connecting we to a work program and that it could be a couple more months before they found anything and that they could not move forward with the conversion stuff until i completed 25 hours. So i left the meeting pretty pissed off and decided to take things into my own hands and find myself a job opportunity to complete the eval. So my brother drives me home and when i get out of the car i close the door and the corner catches me on the shin just below my left knee. Very painful and when i get in my house i check my leg and i have a golf ball sized lump on my leg.
So about two weeks later i find a job at a library and inform brs. Amazing how i accomplished in two weeks what they couldnt in 5 months. So they set everything up so i start working march 28th. So its a couple of weeks after i hit my leg and its still painful and really swollen and now my toes are turning purple so i go to the er to get checked and it turns out i have fluid build up in my shin and its cutting circulation. So the doctor drains some fluid and says keep it elevated and it should get better in a few days. I do so and it gets better.

So im supposed to start work on a Tuesday so the weekend before it i notice that i really feel like crap. A bit lethargic and light headed. I know something is really off so i get checked out. Dr tells me my blood count is low and i need to be admitted. Long story short i had a GI bleed that i was unaware of. So i spent the weekend in the hospital and went home monday. So tuesday arrives and i wake up that morning and i still feel like hammered shit! I feel like i shouldnt even go into work but i have to go so i do. This scenario plays out every morning that whole first week. The job itself wasnt to difficult but i felt like i was running on empty and i wasnt as mentally sharp as i usally am. now brs has someone from there agency watching and grading my job performance so i had to play it off like i was good to go even though i felt like shit.

So Friday comes and i get out of work and im exhausted and still feel like crap. So im sitting at home and i get the urge to go to the bathroom so to avoid being too graphic my stool is basically black tar. So i get rushed to the ER and to make a long story short 1 endoscopy and 1 colonoscopy later it appears i have a tiny ulcer that they think was the culprit. Other than that my insides look relatively healthy.

So the doctor says im good to go home on tuesday so i figure ill only miss one day of work and get back to it but no! My mother informs me that the elevator in my building is not working so i will have to come home wednesday instead. So the Dr. deals with insurance and lets me stay another day so i end up missing 2 days of work.

I get in on thurs and fri and with little energy i manage to get through. The two days i missed i have to make up the following week on tues and wed. So after feeling like shit most of the weekend by monday i feel much better. Tues comes around and i get to work and im feeling as good as ive felt since i started and i get a ton of work done and really do well so im excited to go out on a good note. So the girl thats observing me for brs reminds me she needs the doctors note for work which i forgot in my brothers car and didnt bother to go get because he and his wife came down with a nasty stomach virus so i couldnt go to the house for fear of getting sick. I have enough problems.
So i go home that day and my brother had dropped off my papers at my mothers house so it was all good. So i wake up the next day excited for my final day of work and i notice that my stomach feels a little queezy. I think nothing of it and head out as my ride was there to pick me up. I get to work and about ten minutes in i realize i need to leave and leave immediately! I tell the brs girl i need to go because im feeling sick and she gives me this obnoxious look of "are you serious"?. I tell her i can come back in about 45 min which i had full intention to do and she agrees.
I get to my building and wouldnt you know it, one of the elevators is out of service so i have to wait. Im sweating, heart racing and breathing heavy concentrating to make sure i dont crap my pants. So after a wait i make it home and barely get on the toilet on time. what relief. By this time my stomach feels like theres a blender set on high in there and im starting to realize that i might have the damn virus ive tried to avoid. So i get off the toilet to take a quick shower and of course! The water in my apartment is off because theyre doing repairs!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
I manage to wash up with some very cold spring water and soap and get dressed to head back to work. Nope! More stomach pain and back to the toilet. I realize im not getting back to work so i text the brs lady and let her know im not coming back and that id be in the next day. So i miss my final day of the eval. I end up going to the hospital the next day because the stomach issues arent letting up. I called for a taxi and i waited for 20 minutes and they call me up telling me itd be about an hour because there were delays in my area :roll: I was not surprised because this was just how my month was going. I decide to just go in my chair and while it hasnt rained here in almost two weeks wouldnt you know it? Im about 2 minutes away from the ER when the skies open up and i get poured on :shock: :lol: i had to laugh to keep myself from turning my chair into on coming traffic.

I had 8 days to complete, was late for two of those days because of elevator issues and missed three days due to sickness. I was told not to come in the next day as they decided it was best to end the eval and fill out the report on what they had. Theyll be setting up a meeting to discuss their decision in the next week or two and honestly i dont expect to hear anything good at all.
I absolutely cannot believe how bad this went in the oddest way imaginable. Im rarely ever sick and in the last few weeks ive been in the hospital more than i have been in the last 20 years at a time that couldnt have been any worse. If i were a superstitious man id swear that the devil cursed me or some voo doo doctor had put a hex on me. Im in absolute disbelief right now and i didnt even go into some other things that went terribly wrong because if i did you guys would think im a bullshitter and i wouldnt blame you. Ive had so much nonsense happen to me in the last 3 weeks its just insane.

Well lets hope i didnt blow this too badly and hopefully these brs assholes understand the freak situation that i went through. Hopefully it works out ill keep you all updated.
Dblshotz

Postby rustyjames » 14 Apr 2017, 04:51

Wow, you sure are going though a tough fight to get on the road. Could be anxiety could be at least part of the healt problem. Keep working it, you're getting there!
rustyjames

Postby Dblshotz » 15 Apr 2017, 10:41

rustyjames wrote:Wow, you sure are going though a tough fight to get on the road. Could be anxiety could be at least part of the healt problem. Keep working it, you're getting there!

Thanks man. Im trying.
Dblshotz

Postby Dblshotz » 25 Oct 2017, 02:33

update Well guys my long journey continues. If youve read this thread before you already know my struggle. Im happy to say thought that im finally starting to see a light at the end of a needlessly long tunnel. I had another evaluation today with a different therapist and wouldnt you know it? I knocked it out the park and passed! :dance I somehow miraculously went from being considered unfit to drive because of visual, cognitive and strength issues to having some of the best scores this therapist had ever seen of any client. This time i also requested a supervisor sit in on the eval and i was acommodated with the actual head supervisor sitting in and actually apologizing for my poor experience the first time.
Now that i got the cognitive, visual and strength tests out the way i have to do 5 hours on the road with a dmv instructor after which ill go back to Easter seals to take the driving portion of the evaluation which when i pass ill be able to move forward and purchase my van and move on with the rest of my life and put this past wasted year of my life behind me. Ill keep you guys updated and i appreciate the encouragement i got here during an extremely stressfull time. :thumbup:
Dblshotz

Postby Burgerman » 25 Oct 2017, 02:56

cheers

update Well guys my long journey continues. If youve read this thread before you already know my struggle. Im happy to say thought that im finally starting to see a light at the end of a needlessly long tunnel.

Sue. :cussing hanged
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Dblshotz » 25 Oct 2017, 18:23

Burgerman wrote:cheers

update Well guys my long journey continues. If youve read this thread before you already know my struggle. Im happy to say thought that im finally starting to see a light at the end of a needlessly long tunnel.

Sue. :cussing hanged

I looked into that but was told there wasnt much i could do. Believe me if i can somehow sue id do it in heartbeat. That bitch wasted a year of my life for no goddamn reason.
Dblshotz

Postby Burgerman » 25 Oct 2017, 19:02

A year of active life lost, costs of arranging alternative transport,, loss of opportunity to attend private, hobby, even job opportunity, and all made worse due to difficulty in getting around while disabled and the damage caused by all the mental stress. You should have an easy claim for damages based on incompetance. :argument Call a few no win, no fee ambulance chasers :ambulance . After all its simple to prove, and you now have no problem without physical change.

They caused you a years worth of stress and unneccassary problems and expence and discomfort due to their incompetance. And they had you over a barrel. :worship begging them.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rustyjames » 25 Oct 2017, 20:28

Wow, that certainly was painful cheers good to hear! It takes fortitude to take on life with a serious impairment, no doubt about it.
rustyjames

Next

Return to Adapted Cars Vans MPV's