WAV battery problems...

Adapted Vehicles.

VEHICLE MENU: www.wheelchairdriver.com/accessible-vehicles.htm

Re: WAV battery problems...

Postby Burgerman » 27 Sep 2017, 21:41

In this order.

1. Fit a QUALITY 50 or 60 watt solar panel on the roof with clear RTV silicone sealant as used for aquariums, bath sealer, etc.

2. Run the wires from panel to the charge controller, dont connect them yet.

3. Connect its output to to any permanently "live" wire you can find. Theres a bunch of these in a chrysler vans under the right side plastic trim cover that work the ramp etc in the rear. So its simple. Leave the controller loose under the floor compartment.

4. Set it to 13.3V for the 6 or 8 summer months. Set it to 13.3V for the 6 summer months. (Set to 13.6V for the winter low light colder months). THEN connect the solar panel wires. You must connect to battery first.

5. Hide the wires behind trim/carpet etc.

6. Buy a nice shiny new Odyssey PC1500... Since now it will keep for at least a decade.

Doing the complete job took under an hour, and the panel was placed on the silicone, and left with some heavy books on all 4 corners till next day.

Used these on mine:
NOT cheap. But will last. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351133178894? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Only one of 4 different ones I tried that does the job really well. Its MPPT tracking, and adjustable voltage. The small 10A one is all you need. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LCD-10-20-30- ... QdrGMZpgDg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 27 Sep 2017, 21:49

On roof... Every time I check the battery its sat at a perfect 13.3V. It drops to 12.9 over night. And within 30 mins of daylight is sat right back at a perfect 13.3 in the day. Perfect for long term float storage.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby salixfire » 28 Sep 2017, 01:43

Thank you :)
salixfire

Return to Adapted Cars Vans MPV's