New Van Options

Adapted Vehicles.

VEHICLE MENU: www.wheelchairdriver.com/accessible-vehicles.htm

Re: New Van Options

Postby Chairman » 12 Apr 2021, 09:47

Burgerman wrote: Because all you do is attempt to insult me and refuse to define why because you are ignorant and showing everyone why.

Far from ignorant but unlike you I don't need to shout about it. Others understand completely. By stating "I have to say the VW drives effortlessly with its 7 gears and no slouch. You'd be pleasantly surprised should you get to drive one" - appears to have triggered something in you that warranted giving all manner of unnecessary reasons to not accept the statement instead of a simple "I doubt it I hate diesels" or maybe "I might just be surprised how good they now drive despite the fact there's nothing going for them on paper".

Burgerman wrote:And you can tune anything. I should know.

Don't we just know you know. :lol:

Burgerman wrote:But we were not talking about tuning. or petrol engines. Only about caravelle or the poor mans version with all the nice bits missing that you bought. And then YOU were telling me how good the deasels engines were and how I hadnt driven one and was talking crap. And so you were more knowledgable.

I was suggesting how good they now drive knowing full well you will be pleasantly surprised if you have any experience of powerful petrol vehicles. I was of a similar thinking to you back in the day that a diesel van can't be a decent drive but now it isn't the case. The T5 isn't a patch on the T6 either, massive improvements were made in the driving experience. So from an experience point of view as you haven't driven one you were and are indeed talking crap and yes, as far as the point of driving one is concerned, I am more knowledgeable.

Revisit the thread when you have actually driven one and I'll be amazed (if you're being honest) that you aren't even just a little bit surprised how well they drive for a van.

Pubs are open soon...
Chairman

Re: New Van Options

Postby Burgerman » 12 Apr 2021, 10:47

The T5 isn't a patch on the T6 either, massive improvements were made in the driving experience.

Engine performance and extreme limited RPM range is EXACTLY the same as every diesel engine ever was. The various years of turbo diesel fited to the transporters and caravelles over the last decade perform pretty much identical year on year. Theres a reason they cant do better. Go look at power and torque curves. Nothing gained. No need to drive one to know that. And so no I wouldnt be surprised at all. The only surprise that a diesel engine ever gave me was that they HAVE NOT IMPROVED much if at all over the last decade. Yes they added more gears, and more lockup converter stages in other gears than top. And they added fuzzy logic to the gearbox brain. Which I particularly dont like. In fact I already said that they were adequate for what it was for. Since my speed days are over. I only need transport. It does that.

As for performance, forget it. 10 secs to 60? With the most powerful option! Its 2021. Thats the same performance as a 90s grocery getter. But in a van excusable.

Dont you want to know WHY diesels dont and cannot improve the rpm range and become more flexible? More usable without needing 7 gears?

The diference between me and you is that I would want to know. You dont care. And dont know. And your rudeness and insults began here. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7536&start=60#p170308 and I showed you why you were wrong. And you are still trying to save face. Keep digging.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Adapted Cars Vans MPV's