Did you look at these https://sirusautomotive.co.uk/vehicles/ford-link/ link
https://sirusautomotive.co.uk/wp-conten ... bigger.png image
And whats wrong before I waste time looking? :cussing
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: New Van Options

Postby segreen » 10 Apr 2018, 14:42

John

Yes I did look at them and I was really impressed with their quality and design. The van had everything I was after, side entry, rear bench seating and a boot for the dog. My only issue with the vehicle was that it was difficult to manoeuvre inside and get behind the steering wheel. They told me that it had been designed for a front/mid-wheel drive wheelchair. I also thought it would be ideal for those who drive from a manual chair. The ramp is very short and its angle is very slight due to the fact that the vehicle has airbag suspension like the old minivans had before they started putting chains round the suspension and compressing it. Once the ramp was lowered the vehicle sat very low which I was impressed with. In all honesty I would have quite fancied one if only I could have got in the driver's position without having to make half a dozen manoeuvres. Would I pay £43k for the Titanium model when I could get a Chrysler Town and Country Limited model for the same price? No not really. It's about £10k too expensive I think. It might be a good car to get if you had limited funds and bought it on Motorbility though. Last point to mention, the demonstration vehicle I saw looked quite cool with the body kit and the privacy windows. Made it look a bit more desirable rather than a mobility vehicle if you know what I mean.

Steve
segreen

Postby Burgerman » 10 Apr 2018, 14:59

I was worried about it being small, and ability to get behind the wheel properly. No worries there? Might get a demo. But again, the pound v dollar has been rising ever since the brexit vote. So in a years time the chryslers from the US or canada may be very cheap again! :argument

I just dont like the quality of american made cars. All the plastics etc seem unbelievably cheap and the finish generally is of "disposable" quality... They are not finished like the typical german car or even EU made fords. Wouldnt buy anything french or italian to save my life unless its a supercar!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby segreen » 10 Apr 2018, 15:25

I quite agree. I think we both think along the same lines when it comes to vans.
segreen

Previous

Return to Adapted Cars Vans MPV's