Newbie saying hi

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Newbie saying hi

Postby tuonybt » 05 Jan 2022, 18:17

Hi all,

I am not a wheelchair user but my wife is and I am hoping to do whatever maintenance is within my capabilities. I maintain my own cars and bikes so I hope I can manage at least the mechanical side of a powerchair. Should also be OK with electrics until we start getting inside control modules. We shall see...

I've lurked around here a few times in the past couple of years - first when we decided to get a powerchair and second when we were looking at transport. Current chair is a Quickie Q500M, and transport is the back of a SUV for as long as she can transfer to a car seat.

I have just embarked on my first maintenance mission - error from the power module. I've already found some useful stuff on here and I am sure there is more for me to find but I fear I may need to post one or two questions in the near future, so I wanted to register and say hi before I barge straight in.

Cheers

Tony
tuonybt

Re: Newbie saying hi

Postby 74andyr » 11 Jan 2022, 09:46

Hi Tony, welcome & happy New year.

You've landed in the right place, I only recently joined this site and immediately learned how little I know lol lots of resources here and some genuine users with a wealth of knowledge and experience that are happy to help.
Pride Colt Executive
I-Go Lite powerchair
74andyr

Return to Introduce Yourself!