malamar opening

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

malamar opening

Postby malamar » 31 Jul 2011, 11:01

Hi all from Madrid, Spain. Hope you will forgive my barbaric English, but that's it . I am a male, 65, former cameraman, hemiplegic after a sequel of ictus one year ago, which left me with just the right hand and leg more or les able and in a manual wheelchair when not sleeping. Now the Community of my building has "granted" me wih an access ramp of near 20 PER CENT, 5 m. long slope which nobody gets to push me up. I'm also retired with a low income pension, so top electric chairs are out o my reach and joined here pretending, out of your deep knowing and inpiration from admired Burgerman, to build a powerful, affordable power chair for my needs, evolving a Sunrise Quickie Rumba that i plan to buy as soon as feasible -
Meanwhile reading what already posted, receive all my best wishes.

Malamar
malamar

Re: malamar opening

Postby Burgerman » 31 Jul 2011, 12:45

20 percent is OK - about 11 degrees?
The one in my local bar that I had to BUILD MYSELF is about 27 percent or 14.5 degrees...

See here about 1/3rd way down. http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/BM-MK3- ... uction.htm

So its easily doable. Although I have to go in reverse.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 01 Aug 2011, 05:25

Welcome to the forum, and don't worry to much about your English - it seems good enough to me that we shouldn't have any problem understanding you.

If you get a chance, go to the "User Control Panel" up near the top left corner of most screens, and fill in your location so that we can give appropriate advice (i.e. not suggest US only products).

If you are going to be trying to build a chair from scratch, I would look at whatever used chair advertising places you can find to see if you can find an older high-end chair to start from that might be less expensive than a Rumba, and better suited for modifying. I'm not familiar with the Rumba so I'm not sure how good it is as a starting point - perhaps one of the other EU side members can comment.

ex-Gooserider
ex-Gooserider

Postby Martin O Refurbisher » 03 Aug 2011, 03:32

Welcome.
I agree that an F55, which is what all BMs work has been done on, may be a lot easier to start on than a Rumba.
Used F55 parts are widely available - I don't know of any source of used parts for the Rumba, so that limits you to new only.

Is there something special about the Rumba that attracts you?

Best,

Martin
Martin O Refurbisher

Postby malamar » 03 Aug 2011, 18:33

myself recenty

malamar

Postby ex-Gooserider » 04 Aug 2011, 06:51

Nice looking dog... Is he trained as an assistance dog, or is he just a pet?

ex-Gooserider
ex-Gooserider

Postby malamar » 25 Oct 2011, 19:58

Sorry Goose, I didn't come back to this page later on, so I didn't see the query about doggie. She is a pet , a desperate one for me not stepping up from that chair to take her for a walk. Sometimes she bites the wheels in hate !

Cheers
malamar

Postby ex-Gooserider » 26 Oct 2011, 00:19

She looks big enough that maybe you should be working on teaching her how to take you (and the chair) for a walk instead of the other way around....
:lol:

ex-Gooserider
ex-Gooserider

Return to Introduce Yourself!