Hello

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Hello

Postby Shazadh » 04 Aug 2011, 20:17

Hi guys im new here, just was checking out stuff for powered wheelchairs and came across this awesome site full of info. I am 37 years young (lol) and married with 3 kids. I have beckers muscular dystrophy. I usually game with my clan on the pc with games like blackops and bad co 2 and have our own site, if any of you are into it visit our site http://.www.unitedeurogamers.net I also keep tropical fish as a hobby and do the all the usual stuff like going to the movies, listening to music etc etc. I have been in a wheelchair for about 7 years now but it has been a manual as I have been able to push it myself, but until recently I have found it more and more difficult especially last week when we went on holiday and found that my wife had to push hard up certain areas. This has prompted me to get myself a powered chair and gain some independence. Hopefully you guys will point me in the right way. :mrgreen:
Shazadh

Re: Hello

Postby ex-Gooserider » 05 Aug 2011, 03:14

Welcome... There are folks here with all sorts of different issues, though I suspect there are more folks with SCI than other problems, but there are definitely a lot of MDA folks as well.

I don't think it makes a huge difference in what it takes for a power chair, with the exception of how ability impacts your control handling skills. I would suggest that you read over the main site info pages to see the general idea of what most of us seem to think that a power chair should do, and why most of what the industry supplies is crap...

ex-Gooserider
ex-Gooserider

Return to Introduce Yourself!