Where are you?

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Where are you?

Postby Martin O Refurbisher » 28 Oct 2011, 09:24

Where are you?

As this board has a global membership and guest community, please can you click on "user control panel" on the upper left hand side, then click on profile, and edit it, with an update to show your location. The more information you give, the better, but please give at least post town / city and country.

This helps everyone, as then members local to you may be able to offer more assistance, and discussion will be focussed on items relevant to your geographic supply, and not that for another country.

Best,

Martin
Martin O Refurbisher

Re: Where are you?

Postby Burgerman » 28 Oct 2011, 15:53

Currently in cleethorpes, on the beach (BM2) with the dog. With laptop and mobile broadband. going to sit in a caffee and build web pages while my house is being rebuilt... Shower/builders. Sand is damp, weather seems to be the last attempt at a sunny day until about april next year... Even the donkeys look depressed. Got told off for bringing sand into the amusement arcade. Dog baffled by all the noise of coins, music, beeps etc.

http://www.google.com/search?q=cleethor ... 75&bih=867
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Martin O Refurbisher » 28 Oct 2011, 20:00

BM Touche!

GF says she used to walk the donkeys as a child - says it was always cold there, so keep warm!
Best,

Martin
Martin O Refurbisher

Postby ex-Gooserider » 29 Oct 2011, 02:17

Looks nice, but I think Nandol has better bikini's on his beach... :P

At any rate, don't complain about the weather - we are about to get an estimated 3-6" of wet & heavy snow, at least a month an a half sooner than normal for this area (we don' usually get noticeable snow until mid-December, and often not until January). They are saying that it is likely to break lots of tree branches (in part because lots of trees still have leaves on them) and may cause lots of folks to lose power... So much for "global warming"....

As far as the location thing, I agree with Martin, it really does help to have the info... I tend to be big on privacy, and I don't see any harm in at least "generic" information like city / state / country, or maby just the last if you are really paranoid... I would almost see it as a good thing if it could be made a mandatory part of the registration process...

ex-Gooserider
ex-Gooserider

Postby Burgerman » 29 Oct 2011, 08:53

If this "global warming" continues we are all going to freeze to death.

Does anyone realize that its got colder year on year for the last 11 years? Not warmer but going the other way? So since they have so much brain washing, and goverments, huge money etc invested in the huge GW System they just re named it climate change...

Plus its only "warming" if you look at a fixed few years at the end of the graph... Go back further, much further, and this tiny blip is an insignificant blip. We had huge spikes and dips, hundreds of centuries both hotter and colder. In fact most of the earth real long term history has been ice ages. The warm bits where humans evolved, or where much of the animal life and vegitation spread around the planet are the exception, but also the bits where we, the trees, the animals do the best! So warm is GOOD not bad. We and most of the planet need it.

And even if global warming does happen/or start again in the future, its rediculous to say we caused it!
I will upload a bbc documentary later on, called the great global warming swindle. If theres enough server space.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby nandol » 29 Oct 2011, 11:35

20C sunshine,off to beach right now.have a good weekend fellas
nandol

Postby malamar » 30 Oct 2011, 11:25

When able and still driving never got past Gibraltar; now making plans of changing wife's car for a life supporting, accessoried small van or caravan to get (taxied) to know Cadiz, Huelva and beyond,,it's a now or nver question, I fear. Must get motivations for accomplish further and fight physical barriers, difficult in my case where elder, rather new to disability so lacking habilities developed early by necessity of condtion.
But Life always demand to be lived the most one could in present slice of it..

Saludos
malamar

Postby malamar » 30 Oct 2011, 11:45

no time to edit as to include illustrations...just to wander mentally..

by
malamar

Postby nandol » 30 Oct 2011, 22:45

oié Malamar,listen,you are alive..so what are you waiting for?is not a question of age,but a question of " am i living my life the best way is possible"or just see days passing in a dumb way?
go for it,make your dreams became through..the way is ahead.

boa semana para ti,obrigado
(have a good week)
nandol

Postby Martin O Refurbisher » 30 Oct 2011, 23:21

Oh Dear!
Shows what happens when you are not specific!

The thread was intended to encourage those who don't give their location to update their profile

- I will have another think and try again later - of the top 40 posters, 14 don't identify where they are, and of the bottom 40, only 2 do!

Best,

Martin
Martin O Refurbisher

Postby malamar » 31 Oct 2011, 11:11

Moito obrigado Nandol!
malamar

Return to Introduce Yourself!