Hello to everyone

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Hello to everyone

Postby Furio » 25 Dec 2011, 11:32

I am 58 years old and a retired marine engineer with paraplegia.My injury resulted from a fall,while cleaning my house,leaving me with two broken wrists, a pair of wedged vertebrae at T5-T6, and elongation of C4-C5 affecting both arms slightly.
I came upon this site well after conned into buying a customized wheelchair(I wanted a standup one with all controls by joystick).Well I got one!.After more than one year and four prototypes later the manufacturer realized their capabilities and abundoned plans for any further customization ventures for good.The result is that I am pocessed with a soupedup standup wheelchair having R-net system with lock stock and barrel.
I am keenly following Burgerman's endeavours and quite impressed. I too, have been tinkering a little, but major modifications are difficult considering constraints of parts availability here.
Well, I will be back soon. seasons greetings to everyone.
Furio

Re: Hello to everyone

Postby Burgerman » 25 Dec 2011, 13:22

Merry Christmas if you do that kind of thing!

Wheelchairs are and look simple. But you still need to be a good engineer, and understand all the parameters, and be a perfectionist when designing/modifying one. Or you finish up with a worse chair rather than a better one. Those guys doing your chair were of the big dreams/little ability type by the sounds of things.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself!