Help for newbie - Pull down Kitchen Cabinet inserts

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Help for newbie - Pull down Kitchen Cabinet inserts

Postby Brenda » 17 Jul 2012, 05:41

Hi all,

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis - 'atypical' so I can get flares both in joints and sometimes lung lining or whatever. I'm scaling down and going to buy a Condo that is being built and trying to find equipment that would help me in a flare or even as I age. So I was trying to find wire or whatever 'inserts' to standard cupboards and a friend came across this site. I really can't afford whole new cupboards that go 'off design' of this condo in this tiny town. But it seems to me after talking to the builder if I can find something that fits in pretty standard kitchen cupboards he is willing. So on the front page of this site scrolling down I see some hardware that pulls down but I wonder who supplies that?

Any help would be appreciated! I live of Hwy 2 between Calgary and Red Deer so if there is a supplier in Alberta I'd love to tell the builder!

Thanks to all ...

Brenda
Brenda

Re: Help for newbie - Pull down Kitchen Cabinet inserts

Postby Burgerman » 17 Jul 2012, 09:27

My kitchen? They came pre installed in the kitchen cabinets. Although these are all stock sises. They are available seperately in 3, 4, 5, 60mm widths, since I saw them online a few years ago. But no idea where now!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby BronwynH » 17 Jul 2012, 15:02

Have you looked at IKEA cabinets? If you have an IKEA store near you, you can see what they have in their showroom. In Philadelphia, PA the whole store is a showroom.

Bronwyn
BronwynH

Postby Brenda » 17 Jul 2012, 18:36

Burgerman wrote:My kitchen? They came pre installed in the kitchen cabinets. Although these are all stock sises. They are available seperately in 3, 4, 5, 60mm widths, since I saw them online a few years ago. But no idea where now!

Oh shucks... the problem is that the condo builder is putting in all kitchens and I can't afford a private contractor on top. The hardware to insert into cabinets must be somewhere on the internet! That's really what I need. Tried googling every which way....

Where did you get your kitchen cabs? Perhaps the place you bought them from has a lead?

Did they have a brand name?

Thanks,

Brenda

We have IKea in Calgary but I have to adapt kitchen cabs .... in place.
Brenda

Postby Burgerman » 17 Jul 2012, 19:10

Mine were fitted via the local council, and no idea where they came from. They had a guy fit the cabinets, I just had to pay my bit...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Armand » 18 Jul 2012, 01:09

I did a quick search and find www.rev-a-shelf.com. I also saw their products on amazon.com.
Armand

Postby BronwynH » 18 Jul 2012, 14:50

Brenda, I haven't seen pull down inserts for wall cabinets, I did find a link to IKEA for insert into cabinets that I use in my kitchen. http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categ ... hen/20625/ click on the slide show to get full size pics of the items.

Bronwyn
BronwynH

Postby BronwynH » 18 Jul 2012, 15:02

Brenda, I did a Google search for kithen cabinet pull down inserts and this is one of the enrties I found. http://www.kitchensource.com/cabinet-or ... 61.400.htm
I suggest that you do a search yourself as there are other sources for what you want.

Bronwyn
BronwynH

Postby LROBBINS » 18 Jul 2012, 15:14

I noticed that one of the dealers says that the wire insert was by Compagnucci. Here's the English version of their retail site (gosh, how unusual for an Italian company to sell both wholesale and retail) showing the four sizes of pantograph pull-downs that they make. I have no idea whether they ship to Canada.
Ciao,
Lenny
LROBBINS

Postby ex-Gooserider » 19 Jul 2012, 09:59

The link is missing Lenny...

ex-Gooserider
ex-Gooserider

Postby Brenda » 15 Sep 2012, 05:40

Thanks. I'm prebuying a standard condo so I sorta have to work with the builder but I'll show him this thread.
Brenda

Return to Introduce Yourself!