Howdy

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Howdy

Postby Timster2 » 05 Sep 2012, 03:10

New to this site and fascinated with Burgermans modifications. Although I can still walk a bit I have conceded defeat and purchased a chair. Several operations on my Lspine and fused disks in my Cspine have left me a stiff. Ankylosing spondylitis and arthritis will continue to deteriorate my spine slowly and surely. My neck no longer moves more than a few degrees in either direction standing and walking are painful.

As luck would have it when I decided to get a chair I found one on Craigs list a Quickie Aspire M11. At the same time I asked friends and neighbors about any chairs that were available. A neighbors father had passed and I was given a second chair a Jazzy Select 6. As I have posted elsewhere I am trying to fix the Jazzy controller. Ideally I would like to keep the M11 as stock as possible for indoor use and modify the Jazzy for outdoor use. As I live in the Pennsylvania woods gravel, stone, grass, snow and such are my outdoor requirements so far. I would love to take the Jazzy for a run to the mail box which would require running down a stone drive for a hundred yards or so each way. As a professional mechanic and amateur engineer I would love to modify a chair like Burgermans if I can only find a used one on this side of the pond. Seems that they sell different ones over here even from the same manufacturer. Any ideas on what to keep an eye out for would be appreciated. I have a modestly equipped shop so metal work, machine work, welding etc are not a problem.
Timster2

Re: Howdy

Postby Burgerman » 05 Sep 2012, 03:34

As long as you know what you want, understand the parameters and what is important - it doesent much matter what chair you start with. The only bits I use from the F55 are the frame in modified form, and a couple of minor parts.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself!