Long-time lurker, New Member

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Long-time lurker, New Member

Postby dam » 22 May 2014, 14:44

Hi, have spent ages just lurking and finally decided to join the conversation after purchasing an F55, a surprise my son is going to learn to hate.
I am a 50-year-old T2 paraplegic with some high-level cervical spine damage, following a motorbike accident 14 years ago.
After learning to cope with life as a paraplegic life kicked me in the balls again last year when I had to have an above elbow amputation of my right arm hence the my son learning to hate comment.
He's 13 doesn't live with me and is going to act as my hands with the nuts and bolts of this project, oh and swing the obligatory hammer.
dam

Re: Long-time lurker, New Member

Postby Burgerman » 22 May 2014, 18:41

Welcome. 13year olds are useless generally at this sort of stuff but will probably get there in the end!

Manual chair before this?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: Long-time lurker, New Member

Postby sourstraw » 25 May 2014, 03:10

Hi Dam, I'm also a new member and longtime lurker and just bought my 626 (US chair similar to the F55).

My daughter is six but has been helping out around my various car projects since she could walk. I'm sure this will be a good way for you and your son to get more quality time together. 13 can be such a good age, my dad and I had good quality time before I was practically living at the racetrack and music studio.

I look forward to sharing build stories since we are starting with similar chairs.

Brittany
sourstraw

Return to Introduce Yourself!