Hello everyone I'm from Texas USA

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Hello everyone I'm from Texas USA

Postby crappiemaster » 27 Aug 2014, 01:11

I found your forum after looking at the Ultimate Do-Everything Wheelchair website.

I was so impressed with this chair I bookmarked it and have read it several times.

I currently use a Jazzy 614-HD power chair and have another one identical as a backup chair. I've owned several power chairs since I became disabled back in 1993 including one of those overpriced Redman Standing chairs.

That Redman standing chair was the most over priced and non-dependable chair I have ever owned. After reading your website and seeing the F85 Sunrise chair is not available in the USA but the 626, 636, and 646 are still available.

My insurance is through Medicare and they appear to be approving the purchase of a 636 for me shortly or that's what the company who is ordering tells me anyway.

Please help me with a few questions I have.

1. Can I buy in the USA oversized rear wheels and tires that will bolt on of do I have to make mods to make the oversized tires and wheels fit?
a. Where can I buy them (preferably a link to a seller) and what size bolt patterns do I need to know
2. Can I buy front oversized casters, wheels and tires?
a. Where can I buy them (preferably a link to a seller) and what size bolt patterns do I need to know

I also notice even with oversized wheels and tires it will fit on a ramp and can be driven from on a Dodge Grand Caravan which is the same vehicle I have.

Your help and links will be greatly appreciated!!!!
crappiemaster

Re: Hello everyone I'm from Texas USA

Postby Burgerman » 27 Aug 2014, 01:36

There's no way you can fit 12 inches of rubber to any stock chair without adding 6 inches to its overall width without making some very serious modifications. In other words it will no longer fit your van or house.

So there's no simple bolt on way to do this. It actually involves major redesign of most of the chair.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby crappiemaster » 27 Aug 2014, 01:49

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have a step-by-step tutorial on how you made these mods to get the oversized tires and wheels to fit?

I was hoping it was a bolt on mod but will still consider making all these changes if I have a plan to go by.

I can PM you with my e-mail if you can help by sending the mods needed.

How about just changing out the front forks and wheels? Is that possible to get a larger area of contact for sand?

Thanks again!!

Joey
crappiemaster

Postby Burgerman » 27 Aug 2014, 02:26

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have a step-by-step tutorial on how you made these mods to get the oversized tires and wheels to fit?

Yes most of the site... :D

You need to fabricate about 60 percent of a powerchair, turn batteries end to end and move motors inboard 3 inches each side, etc etc. There can be no step by step. Just a saw, tape measure, and welder.

Heres a few pics etc www.wheelchairdriver.com/BM3-construction of my newest one. It uses lithium or lead grp 24 batteries. You need to make the centre section, motor mountings, battery area, and fit it to your own chair.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself!