Hello from downunder in New Zealand

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Hello from downunder in New Zealand

Postby NZRelic » 26 Oct 2014, 03:43

Hi to you ALL,

I'm Ray and I have been chair dependent for just over 2 years thanks to a surgical botch up.

I'm after a bit of electrical information. if anyone can help

I use a TDX SP power chair and I want to know if I can draw 24volt direct from the batteries or via the XLR plug charging point, while driving the chair.

I have a 24volt battery powered lawnmower that uses two 12volt 10Ah batteries and they are dead. cost $185.00 NZ to replace them.

I would love to power the lawnmower directly from my power-chair to save the cost of replacing the lawnmower batteries.

Will the XLR plug allow me to draw 24volt at up to 12 Amps through it of would I be better to draw the 24volt directly of the batteries ?

I enjoy my gardening and the small amount of home maintenance that I do and I don't want to give it up.

Cheers and Thanks to you ALL from Ray in New Zealand. :D
NZRelic

Re: Hello from downunder in New Zealand

Postby Irving » 26 Oct 2014, 15:59

Welcome. Short answer is yes you can get 24v, but no, you can't get 12A. XLR isn't rated for serious current draw, even using it as a charging plug is pushing it at 8A.

Is the power for the mower just the cutting blade or traction? Even if just the former, its likely to draw more than 12A depending on length/dampness of grass. Your best option is some Anderson connectors straight off batteries via a suitable breaker/fuse, but beware of running your chair batteries down and leaving you stranded in the middle of the lawn!
Irving

Re: Hello from downunder in New Zealand

Postby Burgerman » 26 Oct 2014, 16:56

Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself!