Hi All!

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Hi All!

Postby Andrevierassis » 09 Jan 2015, 17:40

My name is André, I live in a brasilian moutain in Minas Gerais province.

I'm glad to join you.

I'm here cause I'm need to build a power all terrain wheelchair to my 3 years old daughter, that has cerebral palsy, and can't walk.

We live in the country, in a very slopy area, and without a power wheelchair her life is beeing limited to where we can drive her with our own force.

We don't have much money, so we can not be trying and erroring.
At the moment I need to buid a mecanism to help us to drive her slope up.We don't have many supliers too.......so, as you can see I need your help.

Hi and thanks all.
Andrevierassis

Re: Hi All!

Postby Burgerman » 20 Jul 2018, 20:26

Some advice. Off road, and power wheelchairs do not really mix. If its long, low, and powerful, so it stable then its no use as a wheelchair because it wont work indoors. And off road will need lithium batteries, and some experience building wheelchairs. To try to do so from beginning to end, and get everything right first time without previous knowledge and experience and without development time, testing, and redesign, is highly inlikely to be a success.

So I suggest you find something used and adapt, upgrade it. How safe will she be, and can she judge what is safe off road at 3?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: Hi All!

Postby martin007 » 22 Jul 2018, 23:49

Welcome André!
martin007

Return to Introduce Yourself!