new to the game!

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

new to the game!

Postby bobbit » 23 Jan 2015, 20:34

Hello all after a year of looking around trying gto buy the so called 'right wheelchair' I have bought a second hand one from eBay. The problem was trying to get information without being sold "a real bargain" if I signed on the line today. This disability market seems to be right out of the wild west. Anyway I've got a quickie 55s well used but seems OK? I have had stuff taken off that I don't need like power footrests etc so it is back to basics. The problem is that the joy stick control is held together with gaffer tape andi need to replace it without all the extra controls. Can any one tell me if either it is possible to get a basic controller to fit and if so where could I get one from or if I have to replace it like for like can they be got secondhand? Any info would be really welcome thanks
bobbit

Re: new to the game!

Postby Burgerman » 23 Jan 2015, 22:32

Post a picture of the offending parts.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby scootntootn » 31 Jan 2015, 21:10

Also, look into Sugru for if you have to cobble something together better than with gaffer tape. Example of usage: http://sugru.com/blog/foridha-s-chair Also good for adding bumpers to places where you hit doors etc.
scootntootn

Postby bobbit » 02 Feb 2015, 16:34

Thanks folks for the really helpful replies. Things have moved on a bit since my red flare post about my wheelchair. It seems I can keep the joy stick controller on my f55, but I need to reprogramme it. It is a p and g controller with a separate 9 pin round female socket marked "programme". A mate has the programme on his lap top, but I am finding it difficult to get the lead with the male plug on one end and USB or similar socket on the other to get the chair and lap top to talk to each other. If anyone knows if the p?ug on the chair is some type of standard fitting and if so it's very name or number that would be really helpful.
Once again ma y thanks for the advice re sugru etc. B
bobbit

Postby Burgerman » 02 Feb 2015, 21:14

Doesn't sound like anything I have seen for 20 years. Can you post a picture?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby john b » 25 Feb 2015, 23:41

any pictures yet bobbit?
john b

Return to Introduce Yourself!