mods and sods law

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

mods and sods law

Postby arclite » 11 Mar 2015, 20:17

Hi, I arrived at this website while chasing clarification of a programmer for a controller... an item for sale on eBay. I have realised it was for a power controller commonly used in mobility equipment which set me thinking how I would like to change the behaviour of my mobility crawler.

I am so happy to find common sense and an alternate reality. Burgerman appears to be both.

I would love to compile a list of battery well dimensions and headroom for all the scooters and wheelchairs used by the visitors to this site and with those alterations considered essential, preferable and optional so that everyone can look up from a table approximate costs and stages for completion of the choices made. So I guess that sums up my needs at present. I've read Burgermans appreciation of the technology stoicly fronted by the majority of mobility aid companies and I must agree the rules set decades ago have stiffled the marketplace leaving us to face intolerance, hostility and anger from other road users because we are holding up the flow of traffic. That we need to get out of the way is not recognised by the regulations. Neither is the fact that we freeze trying to get down the road over a long period of time. 15-16mph. Cyclists can average 15-16mph without breaking a sweat, this speed is much more sensible. Being Disabled does not and must not equate to being unable to act responsibly. The regulations are antiquated and intolerant of Disability itself.

Anyhow, I am wondering if a Pride Colt Pursuit can be modified? I would love to be able to charge my phone, GPS, Tablet, even make a couple of hot cups of tea and have the range to cover the majority of the city where I live, Greater Manchester. The longevity of Li-Ion batteries is encouraging to think out of the box.
arclite

Re: mods and sods law

Postby Burgerman » 11 Mar 2015, 21:23

Anyhow, I am wondering if a Pride Colt Pursuit can be modified?

Anything can. Break out the gas axe and a lightweight alloy V8.

But really anything can. Its all down to what is sensible to do. And to what.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself!