Regards from Germany

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Regards from Germany

Postby Astgabel » 19 Feb 2016, 23:54

Just registered a few minutes ago, I thought it would be good to shortly introduce myself. 28 y, student. I did stumble upon this site when crawling the web for information about LiFeYPo4 technology – the informations on your site are PURE GOLD and sign that somebody understood the power of the internet.

I'll use a small pack in a private project and would be glad if I could ask some question in this forums. As I'm not dependent on a wheelchair, my request is not wheelchair related directly – but related to LiFeYPo4 technology, and by that, I thought it could only add value if one more out of millions questions gets answered.

Tell me if it's ok, and other than that, as a webdesigner, I can tell you that you may save some time with a CMS (NO, not a BMS :lol: ).
Astgabel

Re: Regards from Germany

Postby Burgerman » 20 Feb 2016, 00:36

Yes I dont do design. Only interested in the information.

Those LiFeYPo4 are very similar to LiFePO4 packs. You can basically treat them the same. But they have better cycle life and lower C rate... But not a lot different. Personally never used any.

Some say they should be charged initially to 4.00V which I would not like doing! Unless anyone can give a logical reason. 3.6 or 3.65 is full. Why more?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Astgabel » 21 Feb 2016, 18:35

OK thanks, I wrote a post with my questions in the forum.

Regarding the website, I didn't mean the aesthetics or graphical presentation, but the technical approach of publishing so much valuable content. I just looked up the code and it seems like you are writing this handcoded (or editor based) - if this is the case, it's like using lead acid batteries for ev's ;)

Only interested in the information.

For excactly this reason, there are many free options for publishing and managing larger amounts of related content, for example simple ones like grav cms (can recommend), or documentation oriented one like sphinx. Form follows function :D
Astgabel

Postby Burgerman » 21 Feb 2016, 20:50

Yes but my brain is already full...

Just looked at that site. My brain is already confused.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby snaker » 22 Feb 2016, 01:53

@Burgerman: By the web or software developing view, the presentation of WCD homepage and also of this phpbb board is not good. Astgabel is right when saying it looks like lead acid bricks. Even in our backward country, almost sites now looks nice and responsive for all devices (PC/tablet/phone). I see Astgabel has experience in CMS, web designing and he has a willing to improve the WCD site. Let him do a demo site. Then if you see the demo site is fine and much better then the current site, you switch to the new site. If not, you still keep using the current site. Nothing to lose :D
snaker

Postby Burgerman » 22 Feb 2016, 02:17

Time?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Irving » 22 Feb 2016, 13:21

A good CMS should reduce the time needed to maintain and update a website, assuming your content is reasonably structured and not a random brain dump. The main site could use a bit of a tidy-up and pruning of out-of-date content and a CMS would make that easier and provide consistency for new content.

The forum is fine, I disagree with shaker on that, tho it could use some add-ons, such as the Tapatalk plug-in.
C5/6 A (complete)
Puma 40, 75Ah LiFePO4 (pic is on tour @ Whistler, BC)
Puma 40 backup, 73Ah MK (for now)
Spectra Plus (weedy 40Ah MK)
Irving

Postby Burgerman » 22 Feb 2016, 14:25

I will look at it...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Astgabel » 22 Feb 2016, 22:59

snaker wrote:and he has a willing to improve the WCD site. Let him do a demo site.

I'll mock sth. up the upcoming days.
Astgabel

Postby Astgabel » 13 Apr 2016, 10:40

Just wanted to say that I started to mock sth up but my own webhoster won't be able to lift up PHP 5.6.20 untill beginning of May, so I have to wait with this ...
Astgabel

Return to Introduce Yourself!