Hello From USSA in State of Idaho

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Hello From USSA in State of Idaho

Postby polarisgold » 30 Apr 2016, 18:31

Life has been rough. Due to nerve damage in left leg I'm losing ability to walk. Had surgery to fix the problem but instead the problem migrated to right leg. So I used up my lawn tractor using it to get around my property, will not start now. Used up my power wheelchair. Meanwhile I bought a Ivacare M91 for $140, barely used but batteries were dead. Just replaced batteries with lead acid batteries 12volt 55amp. Here is the puzzling thing. My old power chair had tons of torque, my newer chair, the M91 has no torque. I live on 10 acres and grassed area is sloped. The 35amp chair could drive all over this area but not the 55amp chair! This 55amp chair is the heavy duty chair designed to carry 400plus lbs. I weigh 196lbs. How do I increase the torque? ? I really need a 4x4 chair but have so little money. Looking to sell my would lathe. I'm guessing I'd have about a $1000 dollars U.S.. I'm thinking of putting that into my M91 to modify it into a 4 wheel drive torque monster chair....if it's possible. Any suggestions and answer to questions would be GREATLY appreciated.
polarisgold

Re: Hello From USSA in State of Idaho

Postby Vitolds » 02 May 2016, 01:51

Vitolds

Re: Hello From USSA in State of Idaho

Postby Burgerman » 02 May 2016, 02:08

When you say lead acid, what do you mean. ALL lead based batteries used in powerchairs are lrad acid. Usually sealed, deep cycle, or AGM, or Gel. All are lead acid however.

But most are cheap, and too high internal resistance. So low on torque.
Other causes of chairs low on torque may be weak 2 pole motors, low amp controller, or programming settings, or all of these.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself!