Howdy Doody Everybody

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Howdy Doody Everybody

Postby Scooterman » 28 Jul 2016, 12:45

Hi, My name's Richard but I don't mind Dick or Dickie or whatever. I'm a newish member and think WD is a brilliant website, there is so much useful information and so many knowledgeable people on the site. My mine boggles at the amount of work the site creator Burgerman put into creating the site, and maintaining it. And also what he does practically wise, i.e. designing and building his own chairs. It amazes me how much some people manage to pack into their lives especially people with limited physical capability.

A brief bit about me: I haved suffered from several chronic muscular skeletal problems every since I was a teenager which have progressively got worse with age. I had a childhood illness which meant my skeleton didn't develop properly and I have very low bone density. It means I am in constant pain and can no longer walk or do much physically, but I'm not complaining, it is what it is.

I live alone with my cat Harry and am generally quite a happy chappy, although I am a bit grumpy in the mornings, and suffer from bouts of anxiety, I don't know why I think a lot has to do with living alone and spending too much time in my own head. I have two scooters, two manual wheelchairs, 3 rollators, several pairs of crutches and walking sticks, and one zimmer frame which I rescued from a skip! Lol

Here's some pictures from my life. As you can see I a bit of a scruffy c**t and the hair is because I've been a lifelong Metal fan, and am a massive Iron Maiden fan, as well as other bands. The photo of me standing was on a good day, usually I have to support myself, but I'm better (less pain) in the summer.
Attachments
IMG_1385.jpg
IMG_1372.jpg
IMG_0816.jpg
Scooterman

Re: Howdy Doody Everybody

Postby Sleepy » 13 Aug 2016, 18:57

Hi. I'm new here. Just about to post my introduction, but I'm looking at others' intros to get a feel for it first.

Wow, your cat's mouth looks fearsome

Sleepy
Sleepy

Return to Introduce Yourself!