Oh hi! I'm the "fix it" guy

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Oh hi! I'm the "fix it" guy

Postby Techguy » 15 Jan 2017, 18:10

Hey all! I'm a mobility technician in the frozen land of Canada! I've been in the industry for a few years. I know some, but a lot of people here know a great deal more than I do.

I'm familiar with just about every make of power wheelchair, and all kinds of manual chairs. I repair everything that my company sells. From canes to vehicle modifications we sell and fix it all. For liability reasons I'm not going to mention who I work for.

I had a client last year destroy his permobil c500. His funding agency replaced it, and the client didn't want it back.

So here I am, trying to figure out how to remote control it as the electronics are in good working order, minus a few actuators.

Feel free to PM me with any questions, I'll do my best to answer them and help out.
Techguy

Re: Oh hi! I'm the "fix it" guy

Postby mrgus2u » 29 Nov 2022, 19:54

Hello Mr. Fix It. I am Gus the man. Electronics, refrigeration, appliances and communications were my fields of expertise. I can fix most anything, as long as parts are available, or can be rebuilt.
Since you have been working in your field much longer than I have, perhaps you can guide in the right direction. I am building a hybrid scooter using a 4 wheel GoGo frame, and a Raptor motor and transaxle, but I am having trouble finding rear wheel hubs that will fit the axles on the Raptor's transaxle. I am looking at the hubs on the Pursuit XL, and it looks like a good fit, but they are awfully expensive. So do you have any suggestions for a more economical alternative, the only option I can think of is to have a machine shop custom fabricate them for me, which in reality won't be any cheaper.
Thank you and good health! :thumbup:
mrgus2u

Return to Introduce Yourself!