In the boonies, Cortez CO

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

In the boonies, Cortez CO

Postby cheriva » 18 Feb 2017, 10:29

I joined because I finally realized I wasn't going to get the chair I needed out of Medicare -- so I thought I had better get a lot smarter about power chairs, fast! I read all the reviews, very helpful.

I have an obscure neuromuscular illness, progressive, genetic. Have only used a chair for the past 13 years. Sometimes I can walk reasonably well for about 10 steps, then I fall over. Sometimes I fall over on the first step. So if I have a good chair that I can actually use and tolerate sitting in for extended periods, it saves a lot of broken bones (broke a rib -- again -- about 3 weeks ago).

I live in beautiful southwest Colorado, right next to Mesa Verde National Park for those who know where that is. Love living here far from pollution, traffic, etc.... Traffic here is when you have to wait more than a minute or two to drive across Main Street, and we don't even HAVE a mall. I love it except, or course, when my chair or my lift dies. Then I have to drive 250 miles to find the nearest wheelchair tech. (Well, actually there is a DME place in town. I asked them what they might recommend for me, and they said they only order Pride Jazzy's because that's all they know how to work on.)

Currently using an 8 year old Invacare TDX Spree. (Yup, that's a pediatric chair. Nope, I'm not a pediatric sized person. That's what happens when you let your DME guy order for you.) Just bought a Sunrise Quickie QM-710 online, waiting for it to be shipped to me.
cheriva

Return to Introduce Yourself!