Hi from Sydney Australia

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Hi from Sydney Australia

Postby Andy28g » 03 Apr 2017, 03:03

Hi, my name is Andy. I am 45 and I have a degenerative nueromuscular condition, I use a power chair full time. I have a TA-IQ, its from Denmark, mid wheel drive with a column lifter located under the seat. I've had my chair for 3 years and I think it's amazing, I haven't had any issues with it, and I've found the height adjustable feature is something I use all day everyday.
In Australia I have just stumbled across something called the WGP ( wheelchair grand prix) and it has sparked my interest in finding out more about what goes into making chairs go faster and how I might turn my spare chair into something I can have fun with. My spare chair is a magic mobility frontier, I bought it cheap on ebay- from the factory, apparently it is new and hasn't been used, it's just old stock. Its uncomfortable and cumbersome- but everything on it is in mint condition. To be honest, I know nothing about most things electrical, my mechanical experience was with working on cars and motorbikes, and at the end of the day....I just want to go fast and have fun again. Aside from that, my interests are...painting. I paint in oils and I'm slowly turning what was a hobby into a sustainable arts practice. I look forward to digging through the forums and hopefully learning the basics about chairs and power and talking to some of you about what to do and how, thanks!
ps. I'm happy to talk about my chair if anyone is interested in one or curious about it .
Andy28g

Re: Hi from Sydney Australia

Postby Burgerman » 03 Apr 2017, 10:55

More volts are what you need. Not simple.

http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/BM-MK3- ... rchair.htm
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself!