Hi all, my name is Geoff, need a little help

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Hi all, my name is Geoff, need a little help

Postby Labman57 » 28 Aug 2017, 21:02

Hi to everyone on this forum, my name is Geoff.

My reason for joining is that my father is in hospital with various problems at the moment, he's 83 and is telling me he wants an electric wheelchair when he gets out which I think will be later this week. I'm looking at what's about but as with every individual market it's a mine field. He lives in a bungalow which I need to declutter but only need it for the house, maybe sea front if I take the car but not much more. I think size is important, been looking at Roma Reno 2 but would appreciate any suggestions?

Many thanks

Geoff
Labman57

Re: Hi all, my name is Geoff, need a little help

Postby Burgerman » 29 Aug 2017, 01:39

Very hard to advise on needs. Everyone is different. But if they break down or are small enough for putting in a car, they tend to lack comfort, stability and range. I suggest you do a lot of asking and looking before buying. For portable chairs its probably worth looking at the cheap vchinese folding lithium ones as the batteries are a lot better and lighter.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4730 heres a thread.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Labman57 » 29 Aug 2017, 17:11

Thanks for that, I'm assuming that if the chair was just for home use that the model I mentioned or similar would be ok, he can't really walk at all now just up and down from seat to seat? Thanks Geoff
Labman57

Postby Burgerman » 30 Aug 2017, 10:52

Roma Reno 2 is a bit flimsy, but if he doesent expect too much. If you are in the UK the wheelchair services can supply a powerchair free after a assessement.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Labman57 » 30 Aug 2017, 20:24

Thanks burgerman,

From what can see, maybe a secondhand Jazzy with the seat riser would be a good option, just need to find a good one! I am learning!! Cheers Geoff
Labman57

Postby Labman57 » 30 Aug 2017, 20:43

Sorry Burgerman, I didn't quite read you reply correctly! I didn't know that but I would imagine the application and assessment the would take some time and my dads not very well so he doesn't mind paying for one just so he be a little independent from my mum so she can have a break from the fetching and carrying, she's in her 80's as well. So for simplicity I think we just buy one and that's where I am at the minute! Thanks again - Geoff
Labman57

Return to Introduce Yourself!