Hi. I'm Brad

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Hi. I'm Brad

Postby Siriusloci » 29 Oct 2017, 04:33

I'm from (don't hate me) the USA. I'm looking to get more range, so I can actually go someplace. Found this site this evening and like what I saw. I'm disabled and have not much money. That BM3 is the chair I've been looking for for years. You're right. NO ONE MAKES THEM! What they do make is outrageously expensive for what ya get. Can't afford a car and insurance; live in Michigan state, so my chair is my main tranportation. Two days ago found myself sitting in 50 degree weather F. waiting for a bus for an hour and still had to get a push from a neighbor to get up my ramp at my apartment. I have a cirrus EC plus. Any way to adapt it to your style batteries? Not available commercially that I've been able to find. One other question: what is the cost range for what you've developed? I live off disability payments so I have little extra cash.

Thanks for listening and, again, HI. :)
Siriusloci

Re: Hi. I'm Brad

Postby Burgerman » 29 Oct 2017, 04:51

Well there are ways to do it on the cheap.

We have a member in a less wealthy country than yours or mine who used some cheap old stock lifepo4 cells, still available, that he bought very cheaply. He now has measured how many miles he gets per Ah, and measured his battery capacity, and the result is that his 8mph chair will get about 85 miles, with 10 in reserve. Real world.

He is called Snaker from Vietnam. He is talking about his first test day here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1813&start=3120

We also have expresso in new york with about 45 miles range from a relatively small pack.

The only reason I get the same from a bigger pack is because my chair is 16mph, and I am 21 stone.
I have a slower 7mph chair, that has a 120Ah pack that will give me around 55 to 60 miles range. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5380&start=160
and
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5380&start=260
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: Hi. I'm Brad

Postby Siriusloci » 29 Oct 2017, 16:05

Thank you. I'll be checking it out. About lost my cute the other day.
Siriusloci

Return to Introduce Yourself!