Survey for school project

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Survey for school project

Postby EngineeringStudent » 05 Dec 2017, 23:46

Hello! I am an engineering student who is working on a project where I need to gather information from wheelchair users. I feel like I should go ahead and mention this: I AM NOT A WHEELCHAIR USER. I have had no experience using one, and my project requires direct information about wheelchairs, their designs, and how users feel about them. If I am not welcome on this forum, that's okay! I'll delete this post and my account. I understand that this space was not created for me. But, if it's okay, I have a big favor I need to ask. Please complete this survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rMQXSwA9F22lGjMPFB8eUAhcAOB7e0i1d554rNkLs10/edit?c=0&w=1
Thank you for your time! Feedback is always welcome.
EngineeringStudent

Re: Survey for school project

Postby steves1977uk » 06 Dec 2017, 01:17

Ah it must be that time of year again! :roll: What's the point in filling it in when nothing ever comes of it??? Most students make a (1) post on this forum and never return again to say how helpful it was. So pointless! :fencing :cussing

Like here... viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7288&p=108284

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 06 Dec 2017, 01:41

I find that the questions are totally meaningless without a lot more detail...

EG...

What type and model of wheelchair do you have?

BUILT MY OWN

While using your current wheelchair WITHOUT any extra seating support (examples: cushions, extra padding, etc.) you have experienced back pain.
Yes
No

I AM PARALISED SO CANT FEEL ANYTHING...

While using your current wheelchair WITHOUT any extra seating support (examples: cushions, extra padding, etc.) you have experienced butt pain.
Yes
No

AGAIN, PARALISED. SO NEED SPECIALITY CUSHIONS, AND SUFFER PRESSURE ULCERS, BUT CANT FEEL A DAMNED THING.

While using your current wheelchair WITHOUT any extra seating support (examples: cushions, extra padding, etc.) you have experienced leg pain.
Yes
No

AGAIN, PARALISED.

While using your current wheelchair WITH any extra seating support (examples: cushions, extra padding, etc.) you have experienced back pain.
Yes
No

AGAIN, PARALISED.

While using your current wheelchair WITH any extra seating support (examples: cushions, extra padding, etc.) you have experienced butt pain.
Yes
No

AGAIN, PARALISED.

While using your current wheelchair WITH any extra seating support (examples: cushions, extra padding, etc.) you have experienced leg pain.
Yes
No

AGAIN, PARALISED.

You find your wheelchair, in general, is easily maneuverable on pavement (examples: sidewalks, roads, etc.).
Yes
No

DEFINE MANEUVERABLE?

You find your wheelchair, in general, is easily maneuverable on grass.
Yes
No

DO YOU MEAN DOES IT HAVE DELAYED CONTROL? LACK OF TORQUE? LACK OF GRIP? LACK OF FLOATATION?
DEFINE MANEUVERABLE?

You find your wheelchair, in general, is easily maneuverable on dirt.
Yes
No

DEFINE DIRT? AND AS ABOVE...

You find your wheelchair, in general, is easily maneuverable on carpet.
Yes
No

DO YOU MEAN DOES IT HAVE DELAYED CONTROL? LACK OF TORQUE? LACK OF GRIP? LACK OF FLOATATION?
DEFINE MANEUVERABLE?

You find your wheelchair, in general, is easily maneuverable on tile.
Yes
No

DEFINE MANEUVERABLE?

You find your wheelchair, in general, is easily maneuverable on wood flooring.
Yes
No

DEFINE MANEUVERABLE?

You find your wheelchair, in general, is easily maneuverable indoors (examples: businesses, homes, etc.).
Yes
No

DEFINE MANEUVERABLE?

You find your wheelchair, in general, is easily maneuverable outdoors.
Yes
No

DEFINE MANEUVERABLE?

Please share any feedback! The more I know, the better I can do on my project. Thank you for your time! :)
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby EngineeringStudent » 06 Dec 2017, 04:34

Thank you for taking the survey and giving me feedback. I hadn't even thought about paralysis, and it's good know I need to be much more specific with my questions. To give context, I'm in an engineering class at my high school and our year project is about creating a product that is a solution to a problem. I work in a group with two other people, only one of which has actually used a wheelchair (they had to use one after a knee surgery) for an extended amount of time, so while we're researching something completely foreign to us, we are trying our best to keep up with the class. I apologize for the lackluster survey, but once again, I really appreciate the feedback so I can improve it. Thank you.
EngineeringStudent

Postby Burgerman » 06 Dec 2017, 21:30

To give context, I'm in an engineering class at my high school and our year project is about creating a product that is a solution to a problem.

There are MANY problems. Your questions adress non in particular.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby EngineeringStudent » 08 Dec 2017, 15:14

A big thank you to everyone who looked at and pointed out the problems with the survey. I shall look at the results and talk with my partners and teachers about specifically focusing on a more singular part of wheelchairs and how we want to move forward, and actually addresses a problem instead of doing a blind grab bag of questions. Happy Holidays, if you celebrate them this season!
EngineeringStudent

Postby Burgerman » 08 Dec 2017, 16:33

For what its worth, theres 110 thousand posts on this forum of problems, suggestions, and methods to help or address problems!

You wont do that with a form and 6 vague questions.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself!