Hello from Devon Uk!

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Hello from Devon Uk!

Postby Bethsdad » 09 Dec 2017, 12:28

Hi folks. Thank God I have found you all...

I am father and main carer of a delightful 12 year old girl with cp and epilepsy. She has a sp chair which she can only SP a short distance but it has helped no end with chucking it in cars etc. Beth can walk fairly well on good days and very poorly on bad days. Her arms/hands are poor so SP is hopeless outdoors. When she was 3 she had a permobile fwd wheelchair which was awesome but we found it such a bind at that age and I felt she was so light and easy to carry/move about it was hardly worth the while. I also wanted to take the opportunity to build her stamina and strength. It was the right choice.

She is 45kg and 165cm tall now so its time to get another powered chair.

Ive been listening to salesman bullshit and looking around in vain so Im so very glad Ive stumbled across this forum. Living in North Devon means there are hardly any chances to actually view the chairs I see online unless there is a salesman trying to sell me what he wants to what we need.

Excellent reading here for me. Ill be asking a few questions in time, so please be gentle as Im quite the noob...

Cheers!
Bethsdad

Return to Introduce Yourself!