Hello from the motor city

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Hello from the motor city

Postby croondog » 19 Apr 2018, 20:33

Hi everyone,

I've been following this site and the message board for a few years now. I have Becker's Muscular Dystrophy and I transitioned into using a power chair part time about 5 years ago. I used a Pride Jazzy Select 6 at that time. I transitioned into using a power chair full-time about 3 years ago. Of course, in the states, private insurance will only buy you a new chair every 5 years. So, had to wait to get a new chair. Fortunately, I was able to get a used chair from the Muscular Dystrophy Association and they paid to fix up a Permobil C300. It was about 4 years old at the time (now 7 years+). It's been a good chair, with only some minor glitches along the way. The Permobil will now become my backup chair, in place of the Jazzy backup. I now have a Invacare TDX SP2 as my primary chair. I also managed to acquire a Linx Access Key (Distributor version), so I've been messing with programming the controller and seating functions. I plan on providing a full review of the chair once I've used it for a bit. And also, plan to provide information regarding settings.

Have a great day!

Regards,
Steve
croondog

Re: Hello from the motor city

Postby ICEUK » 24 Apr 2018, 15:20

Welcome steve,

Any questions feel free to ask, life is all about learning (-:
ICEUK

Postby steves1977uk » 26 Apr 2018, 15:27

Welcome aboard! :thumbup:

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby martin007 » 02 May 2018, 23:10

Welcome croondog

I use a powerchair that is 19 years old.
martin007

Return to Introduce Yourself!