Hi from Shropshire, UK

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Hi from Shropshire, UK

Postby MarkS » 30 Aug 2018, 07:44

Hi everyone, I’m Mark

I might be here under false pretences somewhat, as I’m not a powerchair user, owner, and have no plans for one....yet.

I was a very active man, ran half marathons, cycled to the seaside in a day (over 100 miles), and was blessed with great health. But then life changed, I was a passenger involved in a pretty horrendous car accident, that was the proverbial million to one chance of it happening. I shouldn’t have survived, didn’t survive, but for the skill of our wonderful health service. I lost the majority of one leg, and I can just about wear an artificial limb and get around okay. My thigh bone is only a few inches long, any shorter, and there wouldn’t be enough bone to be able to walk.

We inherited my daughters dog when she left home (kids!!!), so it was dog walking duties for me. I decided to buy a second hand standard sort of mobility scooter, weighed a ton, but meant I could walk the dog 3 times the distance in the same time, and not be tired at the end of it. That eventually gave up the ghost, and I was given a three wheeled scooter. I have some technical queries about it, will do some codging and bodging on my scooter, which I’ll put in another thread. I may well have a powerchair in the future, but until then, I’m more than interested in learning what I can!
MarkS

Re: Hi from Shropshire, UK

Postby sacharlie » 31 Aug 2018, 04:52

Welcome!
Hobble around indoors all you can but scoot with the scooter when out and about. :dance
sacharlie

Re: Hi from Shropshire, UK

Postby martin007 » 04 Sep 2018, 21:34

Welcome MarkS!
martin007

Return to Introduce Yourself!