Greetings from West Texas

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Greetings from West Texas

Postby funchairguy » 27 Nov 2018, 15:01

Hello all. Greetings from West Texas.

I am a retired rocket scientist. I broke my back in a motorcycle accident last year. Luckily for me, I was able to recover with no nerve damage. It made me realize just how precious our aids are for mobility. I have friends that struggle with mobility. My wife has fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis. She often times struggles with mobility. This has inspired me to build something entirely new. I've started to convert very comfortable recliners to mobile recliners. I built my first one and demonstrated it at the local mall. It was a huge hit. People really wanted one as a novelty. I have gotten a customer that wanted the recliner in black instead of brown. The customer ordered it as a novelty for his office to entertain his clients, and I am very close to completing and delivering it.

The chairs have built-in Bluetooth wireless stereo, cupholder, storage compartments under the armrests, two USB charge ports, pushbutton reclining, and pushbutton headrest. The frame is professionally built and powder coated for long life. The batteries are oversized for the motors to give it long range and life. They are positioned behind the chair to make it easy to access and replace.

Right now, I am trying to program the VR2 control module and struggling. The controller in the brown chair came with the perfect program. The black chair that I am building has a different pre loaded program that is not optimal for this chair. I'm trying to fine tune the controls to make the char fun to drive. The PC software programmer I have is not functioning. I'm hoping to get help from this community to program future chairs.

I also have the brown chair for sale. I have invested money in building frames and tooling, and obtaining parts for 5 more chairs. I need help to sell this brown chair to cover my build expenses. It is new and has only been used for demonstration.
Attachments
chair1.jpg
IMG_6375.jpg
IMG_6417.jpg
funchairguy

Re: Greetings from West Texas

Postby funchairguy » 15 Dec 2018, 19:46

I just received my world record trophy

I am the now the world record holder for the fastest side car motorcycle. The only thing faster is a streamliner sidecar, however, a streamliner is not really a motorcycle anymore since it is fully enclosed and has a roll cage and a car seat with full harnesses. I broke the existing record of 224 miles per hour. The new record that I set is now 235 miles per hour. I am going to try to set a new world record next year of 250 miles per hour.

I'm not the owner of this bike, but both my father and I have supported building and crew chief duties for the owner. The owner has health issues and wants to sell me the bike and trailer. I want to buy it, but need sponsors to help cover the cost of purchase and expenses. The race bike alone is $15,000.

If you are interested in sponsoring, send me a PM.

Also, you can support by purchasing one of my luxury mobile power recliners. I'm trying to get this business started and all purchases will help support my business startup and eventually to support my dream.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8453
Attachments
IMG_6184.JPG
IMG_6188.JPG
IMG_1861.jpeg
funchairguy

Postby Burgerman » 15 Dec 2018, 21:02

What motor does that thing use?
I spent lots of time building turbo Suzuki motors in the 90s with a lot of nitrous to make the big turbos come on boost. For the strip, my customers and my own road-bikes.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby funchairguy » 16 Dec 2018, 15:49

Burgerman wrote:What motor does that thing use?
I spent lots of time building turbo Suzuki motors in the 90s with a lot of nitrous to make the big turbos come on boost. For the strip, my customers and my own road-bikes.

It is a Kawasaki ZX14 race engine that has been bored and stroked to 1530cc. It is non-turbo naturally aspirated. Turbochargers are very helpful for the motors at Bonneville as the altitude is high and the high temperatures during Bonneville Speed Week reduce the density of the air.

Those Suzuki motors are tough. I recall a guy that had one turbocharged and the waste gate was stuck open by accident. The boost went to some incredible amount and blew the porcelain out of the spark plugs and didn't damage the motor.
funchairguy

Postby Burgerman » 16 Dec 2018, 18:42

Its why in drag racing they are all but universally used since the early oil cooled 1990s. Almost stock ones can do 500bhp rear wheel with a turbo. Just better pistons and strong clutch. Better breather system.

Theres a good movie called the worlds fastest indian. You should watch it.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby funchairguy » 17 Dec 2018, 02:29

I've seen that movie.
funchairguy

Return to Introduce Yourself!