Hello from Houston, Texas

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Hello from Houston, Texas

Postby MrMmarkin281 » 12 Oct 2019, 03:12

Hello, world. My name is Mark Campbell and my family is dealing with some neurological diseases. This has recently put my daughter in a Permobile F3 and I have purchased a Frontier X5 for a backup/outdoors chair. The X5 is in good shape but the lack of any visible information on maintenance manuals and parts has got me very disgusted with this DME world. I read of DME's no longer repairing them as they are out of production.
If there are any of you out there with X5 technical data you can share or programmers for the DX2 or machines/parts you are willing to sell. Please let me know.
I'd like to get a few names of folks in the same situation with the X5's so we can keep each other informed.

Thanks in advance.
MrMmarkin281

Re: Hello from Houston, Texas

Postby Burgerman » 12 Oct 2019, 03:37

All powerchairs are the same. The latest x5 is called the V6 and so motors and seating parts, wheels, etc are all still made and used.
They moved from using dynamic controls, to using r-net but thats no problem. There are hundreds of chairs using both types of control system. They are not made by chair manufacturers, just commonly used components bought in as needed.

So you can easily get anything you need. And can also upgrade as you wish. As for programming the dynamic system, we got that covered. To better than OEM level. You just need a cable. You can make one, or woodygb will supply you with a ready made one. The slightly cracked software is easy to find... PM me.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Houston, Texas

Postby MrMmarkin281 » 13 Oct 2019, 05:20

Thanks much, will ask when I get ready to dive deeper!
MrMmarkin281

Return to Introduce Yourself!