Hello from Austria!

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Hello from Austria!

Postby rollon64 » 02 Nov 2019, 14:53

Hi, my name is Werner.
Due to spinal muscle atrophy i have very limited hand movement and strengh.
I got a new electric wheelchair now. It is a Paravan PR50 with R-net CJSM2.

But i am not able to reach the upper soft keys and the speed paddles.
Also switching through the menus with a buddy button is very annoying (Profile1, Profile2,Profile3,Profile4,Seating,Bluetooth Menu, Infrared Menu)
I found now a way to jump directly to the menus - when in sleep mode.
Is there another way to jump directly to the menues?
Is there another way to control the softkey functions?
Is there another way to control the speed paddle ?
With BT Mouse, how is Left/Rightclick executed?

Many thanks for any help! :wave:

Werner
rollon64

Re: Hello from Austria!

Postby martin007 » 07 Nov 2019, 20:06

Welcome to the forum.

Nice chair.
martin007

Postby rollon64 » 16 Nov 2019, 16:52

Does someone have an idea? :problem: :problem: :problem:
rollon64

Postby Burgerman » 16 Nov 2019, 20:56

Theres 101 options in programming.
And so theres got to be a way. But it will involve hours of testing and adjusting to get what you want. So get a programmer, and read the joystick and r-net advanced technical pdf files.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rollon64 » 17 Nov 2019, 11:07

Thank you! Where can I find the joystick and r-net advanced technical pdf files ?
rollon64

Postby rollon64 » 02 Feb 2020, 17:27

The wheelchair company which is delivering the chair is still adjusting the cushion :-(
I have read the technical manuals. But i have found no clues to replace the speed paddle funktion to switches.
What do you recommend to switch directly to profiles, seating, IR-Mode, Bluetooth Mode without switching through the modes?
How can the lights be controlled? I am not able to reach the upper soft keys.
rollon64

Postby Irving » 02 Feb 2020, 19:16

rollon64 wrote:The wheelchair company which is delivering the chair is still adjusting the cushion :-(
I have read the technical manuals. But i have found no clues to replace the speed paddle funktion to switches.
What do you recommend to switch directly to profiles, seating, IR-Mode, Bluetooth Mode without switching through the modes?
How can the lights be controlled? I am not able to reach the upper soft keys.

Unfortunately there is limited functionality for the buddy switches, to select profiles sequentially and sub-step into modes, but its tedious. Joystick selection of profiles/modes in standby is possible as I believe you've discovered.

Options:

1. You have the (almost) off-the-shelf option of mounting a second joystick controller or an Omni unit on the other side in such a location that you can easily reach the profile, mode, speed and lights switches. This is the only "legal" option...

2. I can hack a second joystick controller to be mounted out of sight to provide external control (either a small physical box or from phone via Bluetooth);

3. I can probably hack your existing (or a replacement) joystick to directly provide external control (either a small physical box or from phone via Bluetooth);

4. I will soon be able to do you a custom R-Net control box (certainly for lights, horn, maybe profile/mode switching - its sort of working) - with physical switches or from phone via Bluetooth.
C5/6 A (complete)
Puma 40, 75Ah LiFePO4 (pic is on tour @ Whistler, BC)
Puma 40 backup, 73Ah MK (for now)
Spectra Plus (weedy 40Ah MK)
Irving

Postby LROBBINS » 02 Feb 2020, 20:05

I suspect that RNet programming would let you turn the joystick around and reverse fore-aft/left-right so driving would be normal, screen probably upside down, but switches now at the back of the handset. Don't know how difficult it would be to make a mounting adapter.
LROBBINS

Postby Irving » 02 Feb 2020, 20:09

LROBBINS wrote:I suspect that RNet programming would let you turn the joystick around and reverse fore-aft/left-right so driving would be normal, screen probably upside down, but switches now at the back of the handset. Don't know how difficult it would be to make a mounting adapter.

It could, but what a kludge it would look... :thumbdown:
C5/6 A (complete)
Irving

Postby rollon64 » 02 Feb 2020, 21:34

Thanks for the options.
Are there 4 possibities with switches using a stereo jack and a y-connector?

@Irving: You wrote: Joystick selection of profiles/modes in standby is possible as I believe you've discovered-> yes, i have

Is it possible to activate standby with a switch?

I could change to an omni2, the company says. Is an omni2 faster to jump to the different modes?

When will you be able build the r-net control box? How can it be controlled?
rollon64

Postby Burgerman » 02 Feb 2020, 22:19

Thanks for the options.

Per jack.

Is it possible to activate standby with a switch?

I dont think so.

I could change to an omni2, the company says. Is an omni2 faster to jump to the different modes?

In regards the time taken from one mode to the other, that is adjustable at least on the advanced joystick, I dont think the omni can be faster.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Irving » 02 Feb 2020, 22:52

rollon64 wrote:Thanks for the options.

As far as I can tell you need the omni for that. The basic buddy switch connection on the CJSM/CJSM2 is system on/off on 1 switch and profile or profile/mode stepping on the other.

rollon64 wrote:Is it possible to activate standby with a switch?
I don't think so, only power on/off

rollon64 wrote:I could change to an omni2, the company says. Is an omni2 faster to jump to the different modes?
My understanding is that an Omni with attached input module and mini-joystick has the same/similar look & feel & functionality as a CJSM2 but has more flexible mounting/positioning options. It may suit you better. I'm surprised your OT/wheelchair dealer or whoever specc'd up the chair for you didn't check your reach for the functionality on a CJSM2.

rollon64 wrote:When will you be able build the r-net control box? How can it be controlled?
I've a breadboard setup that I'm using to reverse-engineer the R-Net message protocols. I have bluetooth connectivity to it so I can monitor/control my chair from my phone, or I could have physical switches directly attached if I wanted. Its not a product yet, just a work in progress, but it should eventually be able to do all you'd want. I can't give you a definitive date as yet, but hopefully within a few months.

If you can get an Omni2 & mini-joystick for no or minimal additional cost then I'd see if the company will lend you one and work with you to configure it to suit (and take it back if not). That will be your best supported option.

If not then the next lowest cost/quickest option IMHO may well be a hacked second joystick (an older LED one would do) with either new physical buttons in a custom housing or potentially bluetooth activation.

rover220 may have other ideas (he knows more about the speciality options than I). You could PM him if he doesn't pop-up here...
C5/6 A (complete)
Irving

Postby rollon64 » 04 Aug 2020, 20:11

Finally i got an omni2 !

It came with 2 switches which are connected to a movis joystick. One for ON/OFF. The second for switching into the user menu. Second switch longpress is for sleepmode.

Is it possible to switch through profiles and usermenu with 1 switch? i.e. Profile1->Profile2->Usermenu

Are there somewhere informations or videos about possibities of controlling functions with omni2 (aside the R-net-Omni2-Technical-Manual)

Can i use more buttons for more abilities?

Thanks for helping!
rollon64

Return to Introduce Yourself!