Mini PC HTPC any good ?

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Re: Mini PC HTPC any good ?

Postby steves1977uk » 29 Jul 2020, 14:23

If you're wanting to run Windows on it, then I suggest looking at one of these... https://www.aliexpress.com/popular/x86- ... puter.html

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Arima » 29 Jul 2020, 19:38

expresso wrote:remember buying from there - if there are issues with the hardware or anything etc, - dont even think you will be able to return them

Yes after watching a few video reviews it appears there are a lot of issues with these mobo. The same probably goes for gpu's and memory?

Steves I'm not sure if your comment is for me or expresso.
Thxs
Arima

Postby Burgerman » 29 Jul 2020, 20:10

Lots of low grade or failed memory, processors etc gets sold of in china and gets put into all sorts of equipment. And remember that the FIRMWARE and the drivers as well as the updates to these are essential for reliability and performance. And limited production runs, and manufacturers of chipsets or motherboards that are not the big names mean that this will always be problematic. Even AMD are still having a few issues compared to intel... So beware!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 29 Jul 2020, 20:12

yeah i would stick to brand names here in the states - looking for problems from china -
Quickie P222se - 60Ah ADD ON
Quickie S646se - 150Ah LifePo4
Quickie P220 - Indoor Chair
Bounder Plus - 180Ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby Arima » 30 Jul 2020, 18:41

Isn't it always the Firmware. Never noticed it before but after turning 50...lol.

Glad I asked about the Aliexpress hardware. Now I can put it out of mind. B550 motherboards are starting to show up at reasonable prices on amazon and newegg.
Thxs
Arima

Postby Burgerman » 30 Jul 2020, 21:10

The firmware on stuff like the PL8 for e.g. is 99% of the entire project and function. There is thousands of hours of work, bug fixing, testing, and bug fixing all the stuff the last fixes produced, over and over. The difference between a cheap charger on a hobby site or china, compared to one at 5x the price is not the hardware. Thats frequently of similar spec. And relatively cheap. Its in the code. And years of development. And more years correcting stuff, introducing correct charge algos, etc. The stuff that you dont and cannot see.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Anything