Lithium solid-state cells

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Re: Lithium solid-state cells

Postby Burgerman » 20 Apr 2024, 07:42

But even 100 fields of solar panels does nothing at all for 16 hours a day in winter. And around 10% of what they do during the day compared to summer. So useless. And understand that 9x as much eergy is consumed as gas to heat homes. All of it in winter. So we will need to generate 9x more power than today if they shut off the gas.

Then consider that the average house uses around 15kwh per day.
But a decent EV is around 80kwh or so. So that means that as well as making 9x as mush electricity so we can use it for heat. We now need another 80 div by 15 or 5x more power just to charge 1 car! And remember that many homes have 2 or 3 cars. Most in my street have between 1 car and 6... Depending on sons and daughters, company vans, as well as private vehicles...

I might add that wind drops both in winter and at night when you need the lights on since its heat from the sun that expands the air and moves it around. Guess when houses and cars use the most energy? At night. And in winter... :clap

So now we need:
9x more electricity for heat if we scrap gas.
5x more electricity for 1 ev car per house as well.
Thats 14x more generation capability, than we currently have.

And right now we are buying lots of power from the countries around us, to keep the lights on! Already. And are planning of forcing the sale of EVs and the scrapping of Gas heating systems. Then theres industry, trucks, container ships, factories, etc... All currently usng gas or petrol or diesel...

The whole idea that you can use a few renewables and scrap petrol, diesel, fuel oil, kerosine, gas, coal and allow the remaining nuclear stations to shut down over the next few years is a joke. But polititions do not understand any of it. They just think virtue signalling and the green lobby are marvelous. Even though its actually impossible.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 23 Apr 2024, 14:14

BM, I just challenged that guy with this question...

Ok then, take a typical 3kw solar panel setup. How much power would you produce on a clear day near the summer solstice?

I'm interested in what result he comes back with. If it was 12 hours, It would be around 24-26kWh if I'm calculating my numbers correctly.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 23 Apr 2024, 18:17

Varies due to temperature (as panels warm in sun output drops) and varies due to sun angle. So time of year. And time of day. Usually much less than you expect. But this is a peak day. Theres almost non of those in reality. And then solar panels decrease in effectiveness year on year. They wear out. Most of the best (expensive) ones last pretty well and give 90% of initial output after 10 years. Cheaper affordable ones, much worse...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 25 Apr 2024, 19:35

Yes, that's true BM. BTW, I'm still waiting for that "Chartered Electrical Engineer" to reply to my question, he hasn't answered it yet! :lol:

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 26 Apr 2024, 12:58

A "chartered eletrical engineer" is an electrician. They no nothing neccassarily about solar, batteries, or electronics. They know how to wire a house for e.g and "reglations" but not always why. And being a "chartered" engineer is a bit of paper you apply for. And pay for. Its so you can put a fancy logo on your van or letterheading. Much like a "gas safe/corgi registered" plumber. It means little.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Anything