Surveillance camera recorder

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Surveillance camera recorder

Postby slomobile » 29 Apr 2024, 21:28

Any opinions on a good hybrid/tribrid surveillance camera recorder? NVR

Needs at least 4 5MP TVI Analog HD over coax and 4 IP camera inputs. The barn is prewired with coax and 1 5MP TVI cam but I already have 4 IP cams.

Want as many features as I can get without requiring any subscription or cloud services I don't own. Motion detection, alarm input/output, access control. Remote viewing via my own server, domain, and Starlink.

The reason I need it is nuts.
This is long, and probably not of any interest. But it helps me document events.

There was a windstorm last June that blew down trees all over the neighborhood. I hired a tree service to cut the trees into 10 ft sections and mill into planks. Not firewood, nothing shorter than 8ft except 1 3ft oak stump I use as a workbench. One tree happened to fall across the creek on my side of the property line. I opted to leave it there because my neighbor had previously complained about random things that wash down the creek. I figured it would act like a filter to catch anything before it crossed the property line. My neighbor comes over while the tree service is there to complain. "Are you going to leave that across the creek?" I say "Yes, I thought that would stop any thing from floating onto your property." He says "I don't like it. It is unsightly." So I pay the tree service to remove it to make him happy. He then goes behind my back and asks the tree service to give him that log. They don't because by the time he asks, it had already been used to make a bridge across the creek to the other side of my property. If he had asked me when he complained about it, he could have had it.

My neighbor is now accusing me of maliciously placing several 2-3ft logs on his property. Coincidentally, It was 8AM after a big rainstorm the prior night. Each log is in his creek and there are no footprints or tire tracks in the very soft wet ground around these logs. He has summoned the county sheriff and asked them to arrest me. I was at a doctors appointment at the time. They told him it was a civil matter, so now he is suing me. Originally he claimed I did it myself because he sees me walking occasionally rather than using my wheelchair and assumed I was faking my 2 spine surgeries. Now he claims I "hired someone" to magically hover those logs over 100ft past the property line and drop them in the creek. He staunchly refuses to even consider that wood may have floated downstream from my upstream neighbor's creekside firewood pile. He insists "wood that heavy can't float". I have caught him multiple times creeping through my property wearing full camo including face covering spying on me. He has admitted multiple times, once on camera, that in retaliation he put all the logs "back" on my property including branches that have fallen from trees onto his property. The asshole dumped all that crap onto the graves of my dogs. Sometimes at night we hear him literally howling. We believe he is armed. We are worried that he may do something beyond filing the lawsuit. You judge. I'll upload the video of when I got home from my appointment soon.

If I suddenly go silent on this forum, I'd like someone to be able to pull up the footage of my murder.
slomobile

Re: Surveillance camera recorder

Postby Burgerman » 29 Apr 2024, 21:37

Obviously a nut. And as is common in the US a nut with a gun. I suggest you move. Preferably somewhere that doesent allow nutters with guns.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby slomobile » 29 Apr 2024, 22:19

slomobile

Postby Burgerman » 29 Apr 2024, 23:49

He is just a gasbag. Ignore him or tell him to go fuck himself. You worry too much I think.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Dan » 30 Apr 2024, 00:16

You sound like you have your head screwed on he sounds like hes in the early stages of dementia. Does he have any family that you can talk to? What do the other neighbours think about him?
I would say don't get angry and try to avoid him. I'm not sure what a lawyer could do here apart from take $5000 from you.
I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.
Dan

Postby slomobile » 30 Apr 2024, 03:59

He had a wife, but I don't see her around any more. Don't know what happened there.
Other neighbors try to keep their distance from him. At the last neighborhood halloween party he was not invited by the host "because he is a nut".

I would avoid him too if I could, but he keeps harassing the family that cuts my grass. He has reported me to the Sheriff and HOA for grass too long. Changes his mind about allowing them to cross the creek on his property to mow. That is why I need to finish the deck of that log bridge ASAP, but cant find the hands to help. If you have ideas for flattening the top for a ride on mower, I'd like to hear it.

You're right, I need to keep my temper in check. Keep wife and kid safe.
slomobile

Postby Burgerman » 30 Apr 2024, 09:05

There are decent people and there are those that like to make trouble.
There are logical intelligent people and there are those that cant do that. They are incapable of seeing the difference between a logical reasoned argument and how they "feel" about something. I struggled my entire life trying to communicate with the masses.

Remember that the AVERAGE IQ is just 100 which is bad enough. Someone with an average IQ already struggles with logical reasoning. But by definition this means half the entire population are below average! Some are a lot below... Quite literally incapable of rational thinking or logical reasoning. And troublemakers to boot. You cannot argue or discuss aything with such people. You may think rationally. And so automatically think that other people do too. Most just cant even if they wanted to do so. So just keep away and ignore him. And this is if he ISNT a mentalist...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Anything