Laptop intermitten boot

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Laptop intermitten boot

Postby Arima » 27 Aug 2023, 02:13

My brother ask me about his laptop. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 attempts to boot correctly. I don't have any idea how to trouble shoot over the phone. My only advice was to try to boot into the BIOS. If it boots reliably into the bios we can assume the hardware is okay? He has Win11 even though I offered to give him the 10. Now that everything is messed up he wants to load Word. Does anyone know where perhaps I could find a copy?
Thxs
Arima

Re: Laptop intermitten boot

Postby Burgerman » 27 Aug 2023, 02:28

First find the problem and fix.
On something digital everything should be 100 percent repeatable. So boots sometines is a bit odd...

May be a component, driver, some setup thing, one of a million things that windows 11 is doing behind the scenes, bad drive, corrupt data and a hundred other things.

Office is easy. Once its sorted.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Arima » 27 Aug 2023, 17:44

I would love to find the problem and fix but it's not my computer. And of course he doesn't want to restore or reload the OS because he is afraid of losing some app or something. All I can do is make suggestions..and refrain from telling him he is being dumb for loading Win 11 in the first place. And remind him to backup things he values. If it was anyone else I'd have given up trying to help but he is family. If I could show him his hardware is okay he might be more willing to listen to the idea of reloading the software. He seems willing to live with it as it is...and never turn it off once it's up and running okay.
Thxs
Arima

Postby Burgerman » 27 Aug 2023, 17:46

Well you can only help people that want helping. Some are beyond helping.

If it was me. I would ALREADY OWN (have stolen) all the software I was running. And I would have compressed backups of the complete disk and any other stuff he needs or wants ready to redeploy as needed. I do in fact have many such full backups of my 4 computers. Hard disks are cheap.

As for 11 it is crap. Its all a way to monetise you.

You need windows LTSC IoT with 10 years of support. Its free... Its already 3/4 of the way towards being clean.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 27 Aug 2023, 18:03

I recommend to format and install Windows 10 LTSC.
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 31 Aug 2023, 22:27

Well I am uploading this here right now. Give it a few hours and I will post the links.

https://www.wheelchairdriver.com/board/ ... =5&t=12004
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Anything