Intransigent people

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Intransigent people

Postby martin007 » 26 Jan 2024, 21:31

> https://psychology-spot.com/intransigent-meaning/

Do you have someone nearby?

I do.
martin007

Re: Intransigent people

Postby Burgerman » 27 Jan 2024, 00:34

I am one.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby biscuit » 27 Jan 2024, 10:14

I think that people who survive after a life-changing injury or illness have to be considerably more adaptable than before their misfortune. You realise that you have to choose your points of intransigence strategically, if you are to deal with your life without getting depressed.

You can really do without other intransigent people around you.
biscuit

Postby Burgerman » 27 Jan 2024, 11:37

Where I am intransigent is anything to do with physics. Facts. Logic. Reason. Absolutely 100%. In everything else I am not. Until I look at the evidence if any.

For e.g my ex keeps buying me boxes of cranberry juice. Like this week. I have a bladder infection. But a little research, in proper clinical trials show zero difference if any at all with or without either to prevent or get rid. And I dont like it! And politically.

The sort of people I cant be around are those that have some position, and even when you show them using fact, logic, etc they "refuse" to get it. And stick with their nonsense. Like most lefties!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby biscuit » 27 Jan 2024, 13:18

Things are what they are. I don't really think that's what is meant by intransigent. It is more an attitude of mind. Although I concede that you are being intransigent if you select, as evidence that you consider, only evidence supporting your theory. And there is so much evidence of everything, available to everyone, and it has passed through so many versions of that filter so many times. That is why you have to be strategically intransigent.
biscuit

Postby Burgerman » 27 Jan 2024, 13:40

As with science 1000 bits of evidence that supports a theory can be destroyed by one that shows it to be wrong.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby biscuit » 27 Jan 2024, 14:33

Hmm... that leaves a person with disproving theories by finding contradictory evidence. It's not possible to disprove a theory without it. I got confused by "evidence, if any".

At present it simplifies things for us to hear "makes no difference" as though that meant the same as "makes no discernable difference in the context of what is being studied". Giving plenty of opportunities for reviewing evidence. And confusing the hell out of lay people.

Be prepared to volte face the moment it improves your life (and/or the life of those you care about). And feel dead sorry for people who don't do the same. That's my current way of thinking.
biscuit

Postby martin007 » 27 Jan 2024, 18:12

Burgerman wrote:I am one.

You are a rational person.
You think, reflect and get logical conclusions.
We can talk and discuss with you.
You aren't an intransigent person.
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 27 Jan 2024, 20:37

I am when I know I am right! :clap

Its why people that believe in nonsense like ghosts, spirits, angels, elves, fairies, gods, bigfoot, various lake monsters, space aliens, chupacabra, etc all completely baffle me. If you ask any of them why they cannot offer any evidence for any of it at all. Yet because they "believe" in these things they go out of their way to try to explain why. Ir to convince you. All of it nonsense. Or plain lies. Anything to preserve their belief.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Anything