My breakfast

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

My breakfast

Postby Burgerman » 06 Mar 2024, 12:25

I am on a health trip...
I eat ptotein (anything with a face) and fruit, berris, nuts. Thats it. So far lost 3 and a half stone.
Attachments
breakfast.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: My breakfast

Postby martin007 » 06 Mar 2024, 17:58

spanish fruit?
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 06 Mar 2024, 18:58

Well no. The rasberries were from north africa and the blueberries south america. Green it isnt!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Arima » 07 Mar 2024, 02:07

Burgerman wrote: So far lost 3 and a half stone.

:clap
Thxs
Arima

Postby Burgerman » 07 Mar 2024, 02:24

Its easy when you start at 20 stone...
Actually I lost 5 stone, then 4 stone on two previous occasions earlier in life. Then beer, food, and little activity puts it back. I understand that you are basically wat you eat. So if you eat more calories than you use up you gain weight. If you eat less than you use you lose weight. I gain weight or stay the same if I eat 1200 calories. Because I do nothing requiring much energy being paralised from chest down. So I eat maybe 400 to 700 a day. And pop a mutivitamin... Dont eat weeds.

Works for me. Now been dieting for maybe 5 months or a bit more. Wasting away here!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Arima » 08 Mar 2024, 22:04

It keeps getting harder as we get older. Metabolism slows...less activity. And other things keep changing. Never had a problem eating nuts before but now they give off some gas that ends up like a balloon (bloating) in my belly. Would be nice to have a tool to tell me where I'm at on my levels...like potassium and magnesium and all that other stuff. Then we could at least try to get it all balanced. Avoiding carbs is not fun but it is doable. Good on you (and anyone else) for making the effort!
Thxs
Arima

Postby martin007 » 08 Mar 2024, 22:17

My body in that aspect is special.
I can eat a lot or a little.
People look at me funny.
I eat to live, but I don't live to eat.
My body barely stores any of the excess.
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 08 Mar 2024, 22:36

Well then on AVERAGE you eat the right amount of energy. Calories. It matches your energy used.

Because all bodies, lose weight if you use more energy that you absorb from your food. And the opposite is also true. Its literally a mathematics and physics issue. Its not like a human made law that you can break. Its impossible to break the laws of physics.

Your body only maintains its weight in regards controlling your appetite/hunger. And will power, or bad habits can overide that if you have enough.

Move more eat less lose weight.
Move less eat more gain weight.

Works exactly the same as fueling your car. But cars dont get fat. The tank needs more fuel if you move more. And less if you go slow or less distance. Same as your chair. Body fat is just stored fuel.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 08 Mar 2024, 22:45

Burgerman wrote:Your body only maintains its weight in regards controlling your appetite/hunger. And will power, or bad habits can overide that if you have enough.

Some people live to eat...
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 08 Mar 2024, 22:58

Yes. But its THEM that is adding too much fuel. When they get fat they dont seem to know why. Then they tell you that "dieting doesent work for them" and they tried every diet under the sun.

I have news for them. ALL diets work, IF you actually eat less energy that you use. But they dont. They do not have adequate will power. Me, I am extremely strong willed. I can control what I eat. Yes I dont bother for years and get too fat. But on at least 3 occasions I decided to diet. And lost 3.5 and 4 and 5 stone. I only stopped this careful diet in every case because I decided I was skinny enough! But I like food. So 15 years later I gain it back. Beer, takaways, cadburies cream eggs, and the fact that I am paralised from the chest down means I burn half the energy that able bodied people do. But at least I know that I can get rid of it all over whenever I want.

People that tell me that they cant lose weight, or that diets dont work "on them" or that they have some kind of different metabolism or some other issue make me angry. Metabolism just means how much energy you are burning. Everyones metabolism is equally efficient. Its just energy burned. So it really means that they are either lazy, or lack the willpower to actually diet properly. And they are kidding themselves.

Either one helps. I cant really "move more" but a less generous low calory diet works fine on its own.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 08 Mar 2024, 23:10

Willpower is something scarce and very valuable.
A lot of people can't stick to a diet.
A lot of people can't give out their salary until the last day of the month.
martin007

Postby Arima » 11 Mar 2024, 14:17

martin007 wrote:My body in that aspect is special.
I can eat a lot or a little.
People look at me funny.
I eat to live, but I don't live to eat.
My body barely stores any of the excess.

Do you ever feel full...satisfied? Or occasionally over eat just because it taste good?
Thxs
Arima

Postby martin007 » 11 Mar 2024, 18:05

Yes, of course.
I'm a person.
martin007

Return to Anything