batteries

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

batteries

Postby Burgerman » 13 May 2012, 17:37

Everything I pick up, or depend on always has either flat or almost flat betteries... This has been winding me up for weeks.

So today I used the hyperion(s) to charge the mower, the strimmer, 4 different power tools, 3 mobile phone batteries (HTC Sensation ones) and 2 house phones. And I charged 3 powerchairs, my van, the helicopter batteries (four) the aircraft batteries (eight) as well as two RC transmitters. And the 45v 72Ah lithium BM3 pack. Then my laptop spare batteries, doorbell, 4 old powerchair batteries, my Cameras, and flashguns, as well as light meters, sensor examination tools, and a box full of assorted AA and AAA batteries. Then my voltmeters, and the clamp meter. And keyboard and mouse batteries...

Now I am good for a week. Its getting to be close to a full time job remembering it all. So I am making a spreadsheet to do them in a rotor, on a sensible cycle.

Knackered here! Theres stuff beeping, and flashing, and 3 graphs going as we speak.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: batteries

Postby Armand » 13 May 2012, 18:33

If there is ever a power outage the utility company may come to you to borrow a bit of electricity ;)
Armand

Postby Burgerman » 13 May 2012, 19:02

But its not just me. Everyone has rechargable laptops, bikes, toys, phones, tools, hedge trimmers, razors (the last 2 I forgot about!) etc. The world has gone mad on rechargable devices.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 14 May 2012, 06:06

True, but most such devices come with their own recharge brick / adapter. I just use the charger which came with the device, and let it go at that.

Seems to me that while one CAN do all the charging with the Hyperion, there isn't all that much advantage to it, especially when needing to come up with the appropriate connectors / charging jigs for each device...

Yes, it might be interesting to graph the stuff, but mostly I don't really care, long as it works...

ex-Gooserider
ex-Gooserider

Postby Burgerman » 14 May 2012, 07:34

Well I am a battery nurd. If nothing else it allows you to charge them properly and be able to see the progress. But I usually do use the bricks/chargers they came with for some tings. Only did it this way to save having to dig out about 30 assorted bricks/chargers as a one off mass "charge everything" attack.

Plus things like camera batteries 3, and mobile phone batteries 2, take about 2 hours or more on their own chargers. Same problem with the keyboard/mouse, as they charge from USB and aout 400ma... Model heli and planes are all Lipo and so are transmitters after converting so the hyperion is the correct charger here. All this stuff can be charged at once in parallel with 4 to 6 lithiums connected up at the same time. So it saves many hours.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 15 May 2012, 08:06

Well most of my "battery powered" stuff actually lives plugged in most of the time, so charging isn't that much of an issue...

About the only exception is my cell phone, which charges in about 20 minutes off the wall brick, or the car charger.

House wireless phones live in their charger / stands when not being talked to, laptop is plugged into charger and network, etc...

Not a big deal either way, whatever works is good I guess...

ex-Gooserider
ex-Gooserider

Return to Anything