Depression

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Depression

Postby torque » 05 Jul 2018, 04:57

Does anyone ever get into a depression because of not being able to do all the things you could do before you were in a wheelchair? It seems since the weather is nice out I'm really missing the things I used to do like hiking in the woods with the puppies and riding dirt bikes on the trails :(
jazzy 600
torque

Re: Depression

Postby ICEUK » 05 Jul 2018, 07:28

Get on with it, dont look back at what you were once able to do. You cant do it anymore! Today is reality not a memory. Shit happens deal with it, make the most of what you got.

When you feel a bit low as I expect most ppl do at sometime, just go out find somewhere quiet hear the birds tweeting the sun on you back and smell of the florna. Do something you enjoy.
ICEUK

Postby Burgerman » 05 Jul 2018, 07:44

I tend to look at it the other way. I seethe majority of AB people as trapped in a busy machine with no time for life. We are excused from many things that we cannot do any longer. As such have time for gardening, hobbies etc and things the rest of the world struggle to do. Even learning which I enjoy. I am trapped on my bed again. But even there are things like online physics lessons, or educational documentaries. Learning is always fun for me and I am 58...

While the rest of the world are running around earning a living, feeding babies, paying bills, and trying to get everything done, I will be enjoying the sun, sat outside my favorite hotel, with a laptop - learning, barmaids bringing my breakfast, and drinks. Or at my local model plane flying field talking and watching. So yes we have some serious issues, but everybody does.

I even considered running in a local election (I usually call them erections as its funnier). I cant do worse than the idiots they elect. Look at trump! Because we have more time to do this, mostly from home. That would be fun.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 06 Jul 2018, 19:12

As such have time for gardening, hobbies etc and things the rest of the world struggle to do.
cheers

Yes!
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 07 Jul 2018, 09:54

Another example, is rebuilding the charger/power supply you just bought, into that fancy alloy case. Or modifying my salsa chair to make it better for me, and now studying the lithium battery thats going to be fitted into it in about a month. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7766&start=240

Or scattering huge handfuls of fish bait (hemp/seed which is basically canibis plants) in my neibours gardens flower borders, traffic islands, garden centres, police stations gardens and all over te place. Works best in early april. 6 feet tall by later in summer! A 20 litre bucket of seed is just £15 from a local fishing shop but you can even buy it on ebay.
Or amazon BY THE KG. https://www.amazon.co.uk/MALTBYS-STORES ... AG108XDMFG

Bulk supply to wind up police and neibours.
Remember if its growing all over the area they are not surprised by your two plants growing in the back garden... You didnt know what they were.

As an asside, its not only fish that eat them, you can too. And very healthy too. https://draxe.com/7-hemp-seed-benefits- ... n-profile/

I have an odd sense of humour but it amuses me. :joint
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 07 Jul 2018, 11:55

As an asside, its not only fish that eat them, you can too. And very healthy too.
:shock: :shock:

What flavor do they have?
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 07 Jul 2018, 13:08

Hemp seed. :cussing

Or chicken... :clap
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 07 Jul 2018, 13:15

Grows wild in many places. There are feilds of it here. You see wide eyed hippies and college students as the bus goes past looking at it in amazement.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wild+he ... 60&bih=463
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rollingwalker » 09 Aug 2018, 22:26

with all the progess in regenerative medicine- robust human regeneration etc we could see sudden changes in our condition( judy campisi).
don't think if it became economicly feasible to rejuvenate and restore us to the workforce they would miss the opportunity to enslave us once again..
and the target age for the human adult animal is about 25 years old. put the bloom back on those faded roses.... no women past their best before date and... with a lifetime of learning and experience," airheads" one could afford to avoid as there would be many more interesting women. don't waste time on depression
learn something in the free time you have it could all be over suddenly, back on our feet and scurrying through life, whole once more it gives us a unique view of the world.... "aubery degray". the genetic model within each cell has the blueprint to construct the unique human adult you can be. dump the trash( apoptisis) and reboot the program. take care of yourself and;" make the cut"!
rollingwalker

Return to Anything