Fixed my kettle yesterday

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Fixed my kettle yesterday

Postby Scooterman » 23 Jul 2018, 01:43

It's my making a cup of coffee bedside kettle. I fell off the bed table and the hinge bit broke. I was quite proud of my repair, an off-cut of cow hide leather I had lying around. :clap
Attachments
IMG_1018.jpg
IMG_1019.jpg
Scooterman

Re: Fixed my kettle yesterday

Postby Burgerman » 23 Jul 2018, 10:37

Better than a brass door hinge!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 23 Jul 2018, 10:49

Burgerman wrote:Better than a brass door hinge!
Funny you should say that because originally I was looking at for a micro hinge on eBay. I think people use them in model making and building doll houses.
Initially I tried gluing the leather on but that was a disaster so I tried the rivets and it didn't work out too bad. I could just bought a new kettle as they're not that expensive, but it seems such a waste when there's nothing wrong with it. Trouble with a kettle when it hasn't got a lid or the lid keeps on falling off is that the hot steam burns your hand when pouring. And we don't like burnt hands do we :(
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 23 Jul 2018, 10:57

Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 23 Jul 2018, 11:08

Burgerman wrote:https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/small-kitchen-appliances/coffee-machines-and-accessories/coffee-machines/delonghi-ecam23-420-bean-to-cup-coffee-machine-silver-black-white-10152772-pdt.html

Start saving.

Small change to man of my means, NOT! Lol

With one of them I could put a sign outside my gaff, 'Dicks Connoisseur Coffees'. Charge the middle class numpties round here £3 quid a pop. Plus come to a cosy arrangement with the taxman so I don't have to pay any tax. One rule for me and the American coffee chains, another for the rest of you peasants. :fencing
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 23 Jul 2018, 11:25

I am interested in your definition of middle class?
And lower class?
I dont think those descriptions or classifications exist in a meaningful way today.

Just chavs and theres plenty of those around here, normal people richer and poorer and self employed, immigrant areas where they are a law onto themselves and usually poor, and the overpaid political or media elites.

I dont drink coffee, only diet-coke, and beer.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Anything