hobie RC Sailplanes

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

hobie RC Sailplanes

Postby Burgerman » 06 Aug 2018, 05:39

I see in your profile that you fly sailplanes. Done that for years myself. At least 20. Used to have a power winch at my local club. Everything from thermal floaters, to high speed hot stuff with crazy speed. And power sailplanes too.

Fitted a FPV camera and a little device with GPS that adds data to the screen. So in my goggles, or on my laptop, I can see altitude, distance, direction, which way back, bank, speed, etc. Lots of info. It has a 500mw video Transmitter, and I can easily get a 4 mile range on the video with helical polarised antennas. And the same with my RC transmitter with a 2.5W amplified 2.4 signal.

And its a lot of fun! You can fly at rediculous altitudes where the 144 inch glider is long gone from a visibility point of view way above the clouds. And see, and know exactly where you are. And you can go a very long way away from the airfeild chasing lift. 4 or five power minutes out of sight! And see everything with instrumentation from a pilots point of view.

Have you ever tried RC sailplanes with long range FPV? Currently just using an 84 inch span foam thing ready built with power.

http://www.morganmill.com/RC/images/Pak ... an-Pro.jpg

Has crow brakes, aileron/rudder/elev and throttle, and the ailerons, and inner brake/flaps are mixed with aileron command for faster aileron response. Its cheaper to lose a foam ready built! And it flies OK. With flaps, crow brakes, etc it can land rapidly. Also useful trying to get down from rediculous heights.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: hobie RC Sailplanes

Postby Burgerman » 06 Aug 2018, 05:54

youtu.be/MDEwPa3hDyM

They do a bigger more floaty one without ailerons. For calm days.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Anything