Trying to run windows on a mac fail!

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Trying to run windows on a mac fail!

Postby Scooterman » 22 Oct 2018, 15:35

When I first tried to load windows bootcamp assistant told me I needed a USB drive. Well I got one of those, it took an age to arrive I reckon it's been twice round the globe before landing on my doorstep. Seller gave it me for free after I complained :ak47

I've download 64 bit ISO windows 10.

I've got got plenty of space on my HDD especially seeing as a large block of Gb is the downloaded windows ISO file. Even though bootcamp assistant says I haven't got enough room. I need 40Gb spare or something? czy

I can't get windows to load. The 'loading windows' blue line shoots across to the midway point then gets stuck :(

I'm such a computer numpty that I don't even know what ISO means, that's why I bought a mac :geek:

I only want to load windows so I can have a go at programming a 120A r-net that I've got on the shelf. Plus I assume I'll need a windows pc if I end up installing lithium and buy a PL8, I doubt if that runs on a Mac either. :cussing

I was wondering as an alternative whether I could post the r-net to someone else for them to do? I'd pay for the return postage of course :D

Scooterman

Re: Trying to run windows on a mac fail!

Postby Burgerman » 22 Oct 2018, 17:12

Nothing much runs on a mac. But windows should if you delete all that mac rubbish. You are doing something odd.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 22 Oct 2018, 17:25

Understood.

I will have another look tomorrow. Btw thank you for replying to my post on range, I'll reply properly tomorrow, been busy today.
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 22 Oct 2018, 18:08

I seem to remem ber my neibour over the road just formatted his machine and did so in NTFS with a FAT32 boot hidden disk partition, and installed windows 7 years ago. No mac operating system on that machine at all. Still working fine about 5 years on. But you will need a mac person to tell you if I am correct. As far as I know the hardware is the same as PC nowadays so windows never knows its a mac...

What you are doing is running some apple stuff to try and install and run windows as well...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 22 Oct 2018, 18:20

It's got an intel processor but not much ram :(

It also keeps on going to sleep by itself and not waking up while I'm using it :cussing Some sort of gremlin no doubt.

When it finally goes kaputt i will get a windows machine, maybe a desktop cos their better value. Macs are too expensive, I only got one because I've got an iPhone 5. I wouldn't buy another iPhone either, they too expensive as well. But the apple eco system is a bit like the EU, once they've got you locked in you can't escape.
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-10-22 at 18.12.34.png
Scooterman

Postby greybeard » 22 Oct 2018, 22:49

Interesting..........

https://youtu.be/oNl2q6YZXlA

Maybe it's not a good idea to buy Apple products.
greybeard

Postby greybeard » 22 Oct 2018, 23:13

This clip lists a large number of built-in faults on Apple products and tricks Apple uses.
https://youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8
greybeard

Postby Burgerman » 22 Oct 2018, 23:31

Yes. Saw that before. At least this one

youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 23 Oct 2018, 05:56

My macbook pro is on it's THIRD display!!!

The first display went all funny and it was like looking through a moving venetian blind, like a broken film reel. So that display was changed.

Then the second display started delaminating so that was changed.

Now this third display has a thin vertical green line running from top to bottom of the display. I guess it's a line of dead pixels or something? I've not done anything about it because the really annoying problem is the laptop sleeping by itself while I'm using it and refusing to wake up :cussing Even when I update to newer version of mac OS it still does it.

I bought it because I have bad hands and the keyboard is easy to type on, and also it's 13", slim and lightweight. It's well designed in that respect. And I did think apple products were really reliable until I bought one :(

I did have the idea of booking a free 1/2hr at the Genius Bar in an apple store, I've never been to one before. They might be able to load windows for me?
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 23 Oct 2018, 16:19

Reliability on apple stuff is the same as PC stuff really since they all use the same components. The difference is that you cant get parts without being an apple technician, and then they insist that its charged like a rhinoceros. Mostly for eg they will tell you its not viable to repair something due to cost.

Wheras, my infinity edge super thin light Dell 7370 needed a motherboard recently. Its thinner, smaller, lighter than the 13 apple. Its also rubberized carbon fiber shell, and the neatest laptop available. Fan-less. Its got 5 years warranty. Next day repair. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZtimZms36s A tech turned up, rebuilt it in 40 mins with not only a new board, but a palmrest, screen, etc too. Why? Just in case! I reported a temperature issue. And he left me a link to the dell site where I can buy every single part at a sensible price, from a screw to a screen. Or a full carbon case.

Theres a vid of this rip-off gouging apple mentality here:

youtu.be/9-NU7yOSElE

youtu.be/EdwDvz47lNw

youtu.be/AVL65qwBGnw

youtu.be/LwEInwvFbwk

youtu.be/oNl2q6YZXlA
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 23 Oct 2018, 16:40

This may be your problem. That switch off, and not start.

youtu.be/kE_TDLAM370
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 27 Oct 2018, 16:35

Yeh! I take back all I said about Macs, I'm now up and running with W10 HE on my macbook :D

Did some googling and found out I had to delete any "Time Machine" backups that might be stealing vital Gbs. Had to type a command into "Terminal"

When i can get someone to give me a hand lifting off the scooter seat 35kg!!!, I'm going to try connecting Woody's cable to the S-Drive to see if I can read the data. I don't want to change any settings but it'll nice to see if I can using my Mac.

Re Windows 10, I haven't bought a license key but haven't had any popups yet telling me I must register this version of windows. If I just use W10 for my mobility equipment I'm hoping I might be able to get away without adding to Bill Gates' $Billions. I need the dosh more than him.
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-10-27 at 16.21.07.png
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 27 Oct 2018, 18:07

I have a small file that will make your version legal...

Steve has a link instead which i cant find that does the same thing. Easier than trying to send you it.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 27 Oct 2018, 18:12

Burgerman wrote:I have a small file that will make your version legal...

Steve has a link instead which i cant find that does the same thing. Easier than trying to send you it.

Ooh thank you, I’ll be forever grateful to yourself and Steve. cheers
Scooterman

Postby steves1977uk » 28 Oct 2018, 12:17

Try this... https://upload4earn.org/sdh7oy8jzfi0 Choose HWID activation if you've installed Win10 Home as this version doesn't support KMS activation.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Scooterman » 28 Oct 2018, 12:56

steves1977uk wrote:Try this... https://upload4earn.org/sdh7oy8jzfi0 Choose HWID activation if you've installed Win10 Home as this version doesn't support KMS activation.

Steve

Thanks mate :thumbup:

Ooh it says Windows Defender deleted the file as it contained a virus?
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 28 Oct 2018, 13:06

Windows defender, and every other anti virus software gives false positives on all the crack or serial generators etc. Because all the companies that make the programs, like microsoft in this case, pay the antivirus companies to do so...

I have the antivirus on my version of windows disabled. So no problem.

Theres 101 things you need to disable, uninstall, delete, and modify as windows 10 is partly paid for by Microsoft advertising and that means it wants you to use its "apps" and search engines. And it wants as much info about you and your likes as it can get. And it wants you to let it do so. Mine has all of those things removed, uninstalled, turned off, and it doesn't phone home or tell me what to do.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 28 Oct 2018, 13:06

Scooterman wrote:
steves1977uk wrote:Try this... https://upload4earn.org/sdh7oy8jzfi0 Choose HWID activation if you've installed Win10 Home as this version doesn't support KMS activation.

Steve

Thanks mate :thumbup:

Ooh it says Windows Defender deleted the file as it contained a virus?

It would! As any AV's flags all activators as viruses! Which Win10 edition have you installed? Home, Pro or Enterprise?

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Scooterman » 28 Oct 2018, 13:10

steves1977uk wrote:It would! As any AV's flags all activators as viruses! Which Win10 edition have you installed? Home, Pro or Enterprise?

Steve

Home any language
Scooterman

Postby Scooterman » 28 Oct 2018, 13:12

Version 1803 whatever that means?
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 28 Oct 2018, 13:17

Enterprise in my case... :fencing
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 28 Oct 2018, 13:22

Trouble with Home edition is that you can't disable most of the useless stuff that's not needed! :cussing I run the Pro edition with a lot of stuff disabled by reg entries or completely removed from the install image, like Windows Defender and the useless Modern Apps.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Scooterman » 28 Oct 2018, 13:35

steves1977uk wrote:Trouble with Home edition is that you can't disable most of the useless stuff that's not needed! :cussing I run the Pro edition with a lot of stuff disabled by reg entries or completely removed from the install image, like Windows Defender and the useless Modern Apps.

Steve

Ooh, I could delete W10 Home and install W10 Pro instead. Would the link you posted still work with W10 Pro? I do remember "Register" from the days I had a windows machine. But it was quite a few years ago and the memory fades czy . If you think configuring W10 Pro is a bit above me, can I turn off/delete most of the annoying stuff you mention in W10 Home?
Scooterman

Postby steves1977uk » 28 Oct 2018, 14:12

It will work with W10 Home, use the HWID method. Also use this portable app to disable most of the Modern crapware stuff... https://wpd.app/

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Scooterman » 28 Oct 2018, 17:12

steves1977uk wrote:It will work with W10 Home, use the HWID method. Also use this portable app to disable most of the Modern crapware stuff... https://wpd.app/

Steve

Thank you but I had a bit of a problem with the first link you sent me. I disabled windows defender, downloaded the file, I think from memory I clicked run, but the popup dialogue box was only the size of a postage stamp? Part of it was a text file but when I ran the program it was all bells and whistles scams telling me I had a virus, and I couldn't close the browser window. I wasn't bothered as all my personal in on the Mac partition. But the only way to stop the bells and pop-ups was to shut down windows and boot into Mac where I deleted the windows 10 partition. I've since dowloaded a fresh W10 ISO file but have not installed it yet with bootcamp. The ISO file will allow me to install Home or Pro.

It must be something I did wrong. I will have another go but just wanted to let you know first. Should I try W10 Pro next time?
Scooterman

Postby Scooterman » 28 Oct 2018, 17:18

PS: I've downloaded the links to the two files you sent me using the Mac OS.

I thought when I get W10 up and running again I can transfer the files using a USB stick?
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-10-28 at 16.16.11.png
Scooterman

Postby steves1977uk » 28 Oct 2018, 19:10

You need rename the .dmg file to .zip, then extract it to your USB stick. You should see the following...

w10a.jpg

Boot into W10 and disable Defender using this... https://www.sordum.org/9480/defender-control-v1-3/ Then reboot and run the HWID generator and it should give you a digital license! :thumbup:

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Scooterman » 28 Oct 2018, 19:58

Will do, I think I understand.

Is the W10 digital activation what you refer to as the HWID generator?

Also as I have a choice should install Windows 10 Pro this time?
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 28 Oct 2018, 21:20

Yes
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 28 Oct 2018, 21:27

Pro gives you more control of the OS, like you can delay updates for 30 days etc... The W10 digital activation on Pro can be HWID activated or KMS activated. HWID gives you a permanent license tied to the Mac's motherboard, so if you did a wipe and re-install, it'd be activated as soon as it connect to the internet.

Steve
steves1977uk

Next

Return to Anything