All over TV

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

All over TV

Postby Burgerman » 07 Feb 2019, 11:43

at the moment, is fuss about child safe internet, and responsibity of social media whatever that means, etc because of bullying, trolling, violence, "hate" speech, etc.

They are insisting on making the likes of instagram, facebook, etc control what is displayed.

As I see it policing who posts what, and deciding on things like what is acceptable, or what is hate speech etc is not their job! If the law make rules, then the police should chase up the people posting the stuff they deem ilegal. Not the company that provide the space or service to allow people to do this.

Also, if you dont like whats on the internet get GET YOUR KIDS OFF IT.
Its a free for all, cannot be controlled, and never will be. And shouldnt be. Do you send them to the bookies? The pub? To the mens clubs? To the brothel? To work? To the bad bits of your town? Of course not. The internet is worse. You decide what your kids do or see, your job is to keep your kids safe and under control, dont try to make the internet child safe, because you cant!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: All over TV

Postby steves1977uk » 07 Feb 2019, 12:33

I agree BM, it's not the ISPs job to police the net, parents should educate their kids, but in todays society parents are lazy and expect the gov to do everything for them! :roll: :cussing

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 07 Feb 2019, 12:44

Or the website. E.g. If people post political or other stuff on here how is it my job to police it, delete what is unacceptable (in whose opinion?) and be fined if I dont?

Sorry, I provide a forum. Its USERS can post whatever they want. I am not policing it for political correctness, age, or anything else. If the police or gov in say US, china, or umbongo land decide I must obey their arbitrary laws base on their opinions, its not my problem its theirs. For E,G. in some countries educating women is illegal. Do I have to comply with that rule too? What about age verification? Not my problem. I can assure you a 12 year old can get a fake but valid credit card verification on the web in 5 seconds! China blocks all the social media sites, and invented their own. People took a week to figure out free VPNs...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 07 Feb 2019, 17:34

So is the people...
...and there's no one to change it.
martin007

Postby foghornleghorn » 07 Feb 2019, 17:39

steves1977uk wrote:I agree BM, it's not the ISPs job to police the net, parents should educate their kids, but in todays society parents are lazy and expect the gov to do everything for them! :roll: :cussing

Steve

I had a carer a while ago moaning the internet was full of paedophiles and that her children had been sent all sorts of inappropriate images and messages. When actually questioned about what the fuck was going on as I knew all 3 were under 10 she had been letting (and in some cases assisting) them to register on whatever websites and apps they fancied, totally ignoring age restrictions, and they had made profiles saying they were 15 or 16. How are websites supposed to fight against that level of idiocy?
foghornleghorn

Postby Burgerman » 07 Feb 2019, 18:33

Even on sites that dont need age verification like this, which can ve viewed when not registered people can and do post pics of naked women or worse. Who cares, and why is that my problem to police or delete? And who decides what draws the line? Simple solution, keep your kids off the internet if you dont like whats on it.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 07 Feb 2019, 21:37

foghornleghorn wrote:
steves1977uk wrote:I agree BM, it's not the ISPs job to police the net, parents should educate their kids, but in todays society parents are lazy and expect the gov to do everything for them! :roll: :cussing

Steve

I had a carer a while ago moaning the internet was full of paedophiles and that her children had been sent all sorts of inappropriate images and messages. When actually questioned about what the fuck was going on as I knew all 3 were under 10 she had been letting (and in some cases assisting) them to register on whatever websites and apps they fancied, totally ignoring age restrictions, and they had made profiles saying they were 15 or 16. How are websites supposed to fight against that level of idiocy?

Then she only has herself to blame for that, it's those kind of people I have little sympathy for :problem: It does make you wonder what she was doing on those websites to start with! :o

Steve
steves1977uk

Return to Anything