Electric Bed - not working correctly

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Re: Electric Bed - not working correctly

Postby flagman1776 » 15 Apr 2019, 01:23

no longer able to use my TravelScoots
flagman1776

Postby Burgerman » 15 Apr 2019, 05:00

Green loctite

:lol:
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 15 Apr 2019, 05:03

flagman1776 wrote:https://www.monsterscooterparts.com/lift-chair-parts/lift-chair-categories/lift-chair-motors

thanks for the link - i didnt think of them - i give them a call but i know what they will say - they only know the parts for the chairs etc,

they are not very tech. i called them for other things before and its serial number first they want to know - of the chair - like most of them if not all -

i would think it has to be the right size shape and endurance - but i will ask and give them my part number off the unit - never know - they might surprise me

nothing to loose - :thumbup:
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby flagman1776 » 15 Apr 2019, 18:55

MSP list "hospital bed" parts. They might just surprise us. Or be willing to be a go between with the actuator's maker. Or give a lead on where to go.
flagman1776

Postby flagman1776 » 15 Apr 2019, 18:56

MSP list "hospital bed" parts. They might just surprise us. Or be willing to be a go between with the actuator's maker. Or give a lead on where to go.
flagman1776

Postby expresso » 15 Apr 2019, 22:56

thanks - i will call them in the next few days - when i get a chance to sit and talk to them - get my info. ready first before calling etc.

been at Doc. appt today - tomorrow i want to take a ride - your saying theres a section there for hospital parts ?
expresso

Postby flagman1776 » 16 Apr 2019, 02:11

flagman1776

Postby expresso » 16 Apr 2019, 04:22

its worth a call to ask - what i have learned is most places like this have the basic hospital bed stuff - for a few brands - which are considered or given out as hospital beds - if you use medicare and ask for a hospital bed - they give the the cheap bed - brands can be invacare - merit or drive etc, most assume thats what we have -

goes back to what is a hospital bed - my bed is not a brand anyone knows about - its not a medicare approved hospital bed -

its a bed - its a hospital bed because it does the same functions as the others - its not standard hospital bed size - which are too small if you ask me - but all that shouldn't matter - all that matters is the items that control the bed - linak parts thats it - i be very surprised if they had them or can get them - but worth a shot for sure - nothing to loose -

first thing they will ask is whats the beds brand etc, - if its not merit - drive - invacare - they wont know - just like the remote controls - none of them will work on my bed -

i call them and let you know what they say - - asking about the actuator
expresso

Postby steves1977uk » 17 Apr 2019, 00:15

Try here expresso... https://www.linak-us.com/tech-support/# ... ment-parts They might be able to suggest something.

My Invacare Scanbed 750 also uses a Linak system like yours, haven't had any major problems with it since its serviced every 6 months.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby expresso » 17 Apr 2019, 00:27

i have emailed them and after explaining that my bed company is no longer around - they suggested i contact the bed manufactor as link does not sell to end user etc, etc,

they are idiots - i can try that link also -- i purchased my bed myself - no insurance covers that bed i got - they give out cheap crap that kept breaking on me so i did it myself -

the one function that was or is the issue been working fine now 3 day or 4 so far - since i unplugged the power for a few moments - not sure that had anything to do with that
expresso

Postby farmer » 17 Apr 2019, 00:37

have you tried surching for the part number
farmer

Postby expresso » 17 Apr 2019, 00:41

I have before I will try again. Need to call a few places to ask About it.
expresso

Postby expresso » 17 Apr 2019, 01:03

this is the make model etc,
expresso

Postby expresso » 17 Apr 2019, 01:09

Thank you for contacting LINAK regarding the service or repair of your equipment.

We proudly supply the highest quality mechanical and electrical components to companies that make your equipment. To quickly get your equipment serviced, get a replacement part, or have it repaired, you will need to get in contact with the company who originally built your equipment.

If you do not know who your equipment manufacturer is, contact information is typically found on the manufacturer’s label or in your user manual. This company will be able to help you. Please provide them with the complete LINAK item number from the label.

Thank you again for reaching out to LINAK and we hope your issue gets resolved quickly.

If you are an equipment maker or design engineer, and received this email by mistake, click here to start a new project with LINAK.

Best Regards,

this is what i get after i tell them - there is no company - its out of business for years - so now how do i repair or replace a part = they dont work with you no matter what - this whole bed medical industry sucks - no only do they dont offer the end user any parts - they wont even give them out to service repair services -

if i ever have to replace my bed one day- i make sure it dosnt use linak - and make sure i am able to get parts myself directly -

LINAK U.S.
expresso

Postby shirley_hkg » 17 Apr 2019, 02:39

Look for replacement with same stroke length and thrust .

Easy to find on ebay at less than $100.00.
shirley_hkg

Postby expresso » 17 Apr 2019, 05:05

sounds easy when you know what your looking for etc, - i dont know what stroke or trust it has - etc i have looked on ebay for the same model - nothing - every now and again - i get into it and start looking - calling places - etc, then i loose interest - its working but i know something wasnt working not long ago - so i know it can stop again anytime -

i will see if Linak can at least give me the specs of this item - then i will have that stroke etc, details i need to try to find another one with same specs -

i dont know how everyone finds so many things they need on ebay - when i need something - i never find it - ebay or not - i am not very good at this i guess - i do better helping others find things and find solutions for them . but for myself i feel lost most times - :|
expresso

Postby LROBBINS » 17 Apr 2019, 08:25

Thrust is 6000N (push) and 4000N (pull). Stroke length isn't on the label (though if you use the part number to search the Linak catalog you might be able to find it - probably in a spec sheet for multiple variants of the same system). Or you can measure how far the ram moves between full up and full down. You also have to know the rated speed and whether the rating is at no load or full load, but you will have to get that from the Linak catalog. If you go to Alibaba (not AliExpress) you can then put those values into a RequestForQuotation and get replies from multiple suppliers. Then you have to ask for details (such as drawings) to make sure it's configured so that it will fit.
LROBBINS

Postby steves1977uk » 17 Apr 2019, 09:20

steves1977uk

Postby expresso » 17 Apr 2019, 16:04

thanks for this info. - you do have to be specific with these things - the ebay link did bring up many - if i find one same model - as my label specs on the label - then that should be it - i think i just seen one - but year is older than mines -

but at $59 dollars - can be worth it - thanks alot - this is helpful - when i check it out - getting info. from link if you call or email
forget it - i can try that also giving them the info. model and see if they can supply spec sheet

ordering from alibaba is tricky unless you know for sure what you need details - but its an option at least -
expresso

Previous

Return to Anything