An old friend...

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

An old friend...

Postby Scooterman » 17 Jun 2019, 11:31

I asked my mum if they had any rain over trousers I could have. And my dad found this in the loft! I thought I'd lost it years ago moving between homes/houses. It's a rain suit and made by Rukka and has a corduroy lined collar. It's really good, I even used to wear it at work if we was working outside in the pouring rain. I don't know what condition it'll be in but it should be okay for the scooter, or even powerchair, if I can still get in it. Not cos I've put on weight particularly, but cos of restricted mobility and difficulty weight bearing. But I should be able to wriggle into in while lying on the bed. :thumbup:

I was wondering if anyone remembers the brand?

Btw did anyone ever visit motorcycle city in North camp Farnborough hants? It's only about 8 miles from me and back in the day I think it was one of the biggest motorcycle shops in the uk? But am not sure on that one?
Attachments
IMG_2634.JPG
Scooterman

Re: An old friend...

Postby Burgerman » 17 Jun 2019, 16:47

No. But a full set of race leathers with carbon hip/back and shoulder protection and a decent crash hat with iridium visor would look great. On a mobility scooter...

You should be able to get off at 170mph and be fine as long as you dont hit anything solid. So very safe at 8mph!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 17 Jun 2019, 17:15

8mph indeed! :cussing

9.5mph when the lithium’s warmed up :fencing
Scooterman

Postby wheelie junkie » 18 Jun 2019, 12:43

Both me and the missus used Rukka cordura/goretex waterproof jacket and trousers. They were about the only decent waterproof kit I had in 40 years of motor biking, no other brand came close. Expensive but worth it. Mine ended up with the brother in law who is currently wearing them on a European tour, they've done that a few times now. They should know their way around Scotland and the islands, lost count of how many times we were up there and always a good test of waterproof kit.

I rode all year round and whilst not the warmest always stayed dry inside and used a heated waistcoat to keep me warm.
wheelie junkie

Return to Anything